Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Kickstarter campaign just opened up, and I'm excited about this themed addition to Pixel Tactics. I'm already thinking about the (7, 8, Mega Man & Bass), X, Legends, Battle Network, and Zero series being made into future sets, though the creators seem to be attached to 8-bit character art only at the moment. That said, I'm hoping this blows through stretch goals to get some cool extras.

Here's what the unlocks are:

Social Goals:

The only other obvious characters missing from the original series are (somewhat in order of relevance):

Yellow Devil (Mega Man, II, Power Battle, others)
Reggae (Mega Man 10)
Dark Man 1-3 (Mega Man 5)
Slash Man and Frost Man (Mega Man 8, 10)
Mecha Dragon (Mega Man 2)

The following are basically confirmed not in because no original 8-bit color sprites:
Oil Man, Time Man (Mega Man Powered Up)
Buster Rod G, Mega Water S, Hyper Storm H (Wily Wars)
Quint (Mega Man II Gameboy, V Gameboy) (add-on confirmed)
9 Stardroids and Sunstar (Mega Man V Gameboy) (add-on confirmed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Viper V
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Launch - Let's talk about stretch goals
I'm thinking the following may be bonuses based on Jasco's comments on the campaign page:

Beat
Tango (was in the video, but not in either set or the current stretch goals)
Yellow Devil
Mecha Dragon (my wish list)

Quint, Doc Robot, and Dark Man (and variants), along with Sniper Joe may be possibilities.

And perhaps the 8-bit Slash Man and Frost Man since the sprites exist due to the Weapons Archive boss in Mega Man 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The creators specifically said Quint is not in because there exist no official Capcom color sprites of him that match the rest of the art, and they're not allowed to make their own. They also hinted that Slash and Frost aren't in (they said they were aware of them but people shouldn't expect everything to be in this run).

EDIT: They found sprites for Quint and the Stardroids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly my big concern now is the possibility of hitting all these stretch goals. 10k per card is a big ask, and the last couple days have been tray slow for the campaign overall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the traditional Kickstarter surge at the 48-hour mark...but I really don't think we're gonna unlock everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huy Phan
Canada
flag msg tools
I second this statement. My concern though is whether or not the stretch goals, once hopefully completed, would get their own dedicated set (something like "Bass Black" maybe?). I'm still bummed out that the promo cards for the previous Pixel Tactics stuff is basically GONE FOREVER now, barring the ever so unreliable second-hand market, and I wouldn't want the same thing to happen with my most beloved franchise.

Hopefully any of the devs for the game right now are keeping a close eye on these posts, because it really blows knowing that certain cards are, or could be, impossible to get after an arbitrary temporal threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded.

The completest in me wants the complete set for both 9 and 10.

I feel confident well unlock all nine of the bots to complete Mega Man 9.

But I am concerned we will only get slightly into Mega Man 10.

I hope for a $5 add on option or something to unlock the full set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huy Phan
Canada
flag msg tools
Frankly, I feel it would have been more reassuring for each stretch goal to be in increments of 5000 rather than 10000; especially considering that the previous Pixel Tactics KS finished at a little over $220k, which was 700% over the necessary amount. Compare that to this, unfortunately enough, less popular KS where they are now asking us to beat the funding goal by at least 1200% ($240k/$20k) to complete everything, one could understand why this might be problematic. Then again, I have only the faintest idea how much money goes into making these games, so who knows?

Back onto the topic involving other possible cards, moving forward with my whole 'Bass Black' prediction, it would make sense that this set comprising of the stretch goals would would have 28 heroes, so to fall in line with the first two. That would mean there would at least 6 more cards left so this would fill out, excluding the possibility of additional stuff being added later (Devil bosses anybody?). With that said, here are the ones that I think would appear sooner than later:

1. Sniper Joe. Of all the classic MM enemies out there two stand out, Metool/Metall (which is already in the game) and Ol' Joey Wheeler. A nice addition to mix things up from the usual Robot Masters.
2. Beat. It's an assistant helper! With a coloured sprite! That most people recognize! Why ISN'T it in the game?!
3. and 4. Slash Man and Frost Man. I almost think these two will be no-brainers, seeing that Jasco and Talton outright acknowledge the fact that these two already have 8-bit sprites from MM10. Cool bonuses that would give MM7 and 8 some love as well.
5. Doc Robot. Now this guy's an oddball. Initially I was perplexed why he wasn't added, until I though about it and realized perhaps they thought he would behave too much like Mega Man in gameplay. However saying that, There are ways to make unique and interesting to play if one puts their mind to it. I think it would be cool that, rather than using hero powers after one is eliminated, why not use them while they are still alive? Just a suggestion; I got a soft spot for this guy.
6. Tango. Huh?! this guy?! Now hear me out. Though her first debut was the colourless GB games she DOES have a coloured sprite in MM10. And she does have a function in gameplay, so there ways to derive mechanics out for her. Plus it would help round things out in terms of the robo buddies. Speaking of which...
7. Reggae. Let's say you still don't want to use Doc Robot, how about this freaky aviary contraption? Like Tango, Reggae also has a coloured sprite in MM10 and functions like Bass' evil version of Eddie in the Rockman & Forte WS game, not to mention he is a financial asshole in the obscure Famicom Rockboard game, so it wouldn't hard to find inspiration for designing him gameplay-wise.

And that's all of them. I didn't bring up any of the iconic big bosses because I'm currently under the assumption that they will be the final bonus goals after the stretch goals are (hopefully) completed. Honourable mention must go to Kalinka Cossack, As I also considered her, but ultimately chose against putting her on my list as she does nothing within any of the games in terms of gameplay, so it would take extra abstract effort to design her gameplay. But I digress.

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huy Phan
Canada
flag msg tools
Holy shit. Just as the prophecies foretold. Surprised by Hammer Joe being there as opposed to Reggae, but what the hell! We need to complete this as fast as we can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Leonard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
dragoonWho wrote:
The creators specifically said Quint is not in because there exist no official Capcom color sprites of him that match the rest of the art, and they're not allowed to make their own.

They can't just do him in the greyscale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huy Phan
Canada
flag msg tools
TheZMage wrote:
dragoonWho wrote:
The creators specifically said Quint is not in because there exist no official Capcom color sprites of him that match the rest of the art, and they're not allowed to make their own.

They can't just do him in the greyscale?

Inconsistent aesthetics. "Why is everyone else in colour when he isn't?" Also, Quint is green, not grey. It wouldn't be true to his character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally revised stretch goals now, much more reasonable. Plus a social goal to unlock the Bass expansion box that is met already, and an amazing add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.