Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before playing my first game, I had two questions.

1. Just to make sure I understood the FAQ, you should shuffle the agenda deck each round, setting aside the 2 agendas chosen each round?

2. For scoring, it says that the two Cubas and Atlantic are connected. They award +1 Prestige for each connected battleground also dominated. Does this have to be with an agenda played or at all times?

In other words, if none of those are agendas, but I have more influence on two and the other is empty, does this score 2?

3. On page 8, it also says that "A player can never lead by more than 5 Prestige." What does this mean exactly?

4. In the FAQ, under Resolving Defcon Agendas, what is trying to be said here? Wouldn't positions still be relative anyways or push someone(or both players) into Defcon one anyways?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb

1) You shuffle the deck each round, leaving out all prior chosen agendas. At the start of the game, you have the entire deck, 2nd round you don't have the 2 agendas chosen in round 1; and in round 3 the deck is 4 cards less.

2) The Cuba/Atlantic scoring is only in play if one/both players choose one of the Cuba or the Atlantic battlegrounds. If neither side chose one of those 3, no scoring for those battlegrounds.

3) Rule is self explanatory, Prestige cannot go past 5 for either side. Say in the 1st round scoring is USSR 6, USA 0, the track can only be moved to +5 USSR.

Note that scoring is simultaneous, so if USSR has 7 points, and USA has 3, track is moved to USSR +4, you do NOT count it as 'USSR has 7, but can only take 5, so move track to 5, then count down 3 for USA, so USSR is only at +2.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For number 2, what would an example of the scoring be if it was in play? Let's say Atlantic was the agenda. US had more in Atlantic, but the other two were controlled by Russia. Would it just be as is because it would only be added if the person controlling the agenda battleground happened ot have any neighbors with more?

Also, could I have a clarification on-

"And still players tend to overlook the fact that DEFCON Agendas escalate at the end of the round causing a lot of first games to end in nuclear war! Then they learn.whistle"

Wouldn't it increase at the beginning of the following round and not the end of a round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad vanVugt
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
For number 2, what would an example of the scoring be if it was in play? Let's say Atlantic was the agenda. US had more in Atlantic, but the other two were controlled by Russia. Would it just be as is because it would only be added if the person controlling the agenda battleground happened ot have any neighbors with more?

Also, could I have a clarification on-

"And still players tend to overlook the fact that DEFCON Agendas escalate at the end of the round causing a lot of first games to end in nuclear war! Then they learn.whistle"

Wouldn't it increase at the beginning of the following round and not the end of a round?

For the scoring example you laid out above, the US player would score as many points as the difference in cubes in the Atlantic. He would not score the bonus for the other two battlegrounds as they are USSR controlled. The Soviet player would not score for them either though because they weren't the dominating player in the battleground that was being contested.

To your second question, the Defcon agendas state before they are scored that any Defcon markers in the Defcon 2 area are escalated one space, so if you have a disc in the top Defcon 2 space of an agenda being scored, the scoring of that agenda would push your marker into the Defcon 1 area which would trigger nuclear war at the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.