Hide
12 Posts

Great Western Trail» Forums » Rules

Subject: Craftsmen and Building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmel Jones
msg tools
I need to have craftsmen to build buildings. I can only build certain buildings to my craftsmen level. So my question is how do I build some of those high level buildings when my craftsmen level doesn't go that high?

Do I have to overbuild to get these high level buildings out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
babydog wrote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Powell
United Kingdom
sHifnal
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, over building I believe is the way to do this.
So if you have 5 craftsman and build a level 5 building, next time you can build a level 9. Paying the difference and returning your level 5 building back to your supply, to build again if you so wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
babydog wrote:
I need to have craftsmen to build buildings. I can only build certain buildings to my craftsmen level. So my question is how do I build some of those high level buildings when my craftsmen level doesn't go that high?

Yup. That's the only way to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
Do not click on it!
badge
I play with red!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinkthunder wrote:
So if you have 5 craftsman and build a level 5 building, next time you can build a level 9. Paying the difference and returning your level 5 building back to your supply, to build again if you so wish.

The overbuild building is out of the game and can't be build again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmel Jones
msg tools
Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ar147 wrote:

Wow, nice catch. Six plays in and we didn't know this rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ar147 wrote:
Pinkthunder wrote:

To avoid mistakes, we are actually overbuilding, i.e. the old building remains and the new one goes on top of it. So far we never had stacks so high that there was a risk of toppling, not even in the one instance when somebody built the 10a building (I think that one went 1-3-6-10).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S

Chesapeake
Virginia
msg tools
Question. Does the craftsman space on my player mat count as a worker for buildings? Basically, if I use my last craftsman tile and there is just the printed picture, can I still use a craftsman value of 1 to build? I know there is an object that allows victory points for even workers printed on the player mat, so it makes me think that these count as workers even if there is not a tile on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you always have at least 1 worker of every type, as printed on your play mat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S

Chesapeake
Virginia
msg tools
got it, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aganerral wrote:
Yes, you always have at least 1 worker of every type, as printed on your play mat

Also, just to be sure it's clear, when you hire the first worker of any type, it goes next to, not on top of the pre-printed worker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.