Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a question!

Lets imagine i roll a basic action die which is associated to the 'Force Beam' basic card.
Am i obliged to use the card ability? ("deal 1 damage to each character") or i choose if i want to use it?

And if the die has a burst symbol, is it mandatory to use the burst ability or can i choose not to use it?

Thanks to anyone that can help thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other question...i noticed that some characters dice as a burst symbol on them...what is it for?
Because the character doesnt have any burst ability in the card text... so what will that burst symbol activate?

Thanks again for your help thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
nunovix wrote:

Am i obliged to use the card ability? ("deal 1 damage to each character") or i choose if i want to use it?

And if the die has a burst symbol, is it mandatory to use the burst ability or can i choose not to use it?

The ability will trigger as much as possible, so assuming there is at least one character fielded (even if they are yours) it will occur. Same with the burst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
nunovix wrote:
One other question...i noticed that some characters dice as a burst symbol on them...what is it for?
Because the character doesnt have any burst ability in the card text... so what will that burst symbol activate?

Bursts on character dice are not always pertinent for every card version. I don't remember which character it was, but I remember seeing a die with bursts and none of the card versions referenced it, but Wizkids could always whip out an OP card that does.

How cool would it be if there was a card ability that negated your opponent's burst effects while active?! Who might that fit thematically with? Constantine for DC? Magneto for Marvel? I'm not the most fluent when it comes to comic books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you choose to use/activate the action die, and it is on a burst face, you cannot choose to not use the burst.

You are not obligated to use the action die in the first place, however.

Some character dies have burst faces, some versions of their cards may use them, while other versions may not. As mentioned above, wolverine dice have bursts, however there is not yet a wolverine card with burst abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you confused me even more

Gladiator says that "The ability will trigger"
And Paul, you say that i am not obligated to use the action die in the first place.

So if i roll a basic action die, am i obligated to use it or not? Like in the example, am i obligated to "deal 1 damage to each character"? Or i can choose not to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, your question is..."Do I have to use Basic Action dice I roll?" Not..."If I use an action die, does the effect have to take place?"

Paul is correct. My comment was going on the assumption you are using the action. If you left it in the reserve, it would just be cleared in the clear and draw step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, not i get it!

Thanks guys! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For characters with burst abilities, if they are in the field on that face, the burst affect is not optional. You could, however, choose not to field them in the first place.

That being said, I cannot think of any characters whose burst ability is worse than their normal ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gladiator_posse wrote:
Ah, your question is..."Do I have to use Basic Action dice I roll?" Not..."If I use an action die, does the effect have to take place?"

Paul is correct. My comment was going on the assumption you are using the action. If you left it in the reserve, it would just be cleared in the clear and draw step.

Side note: unused Action Dice go to the used pile at the end of your turn, they do not remain until your next turn. The only exception would be an action die on an energy face, in which case it is a "energy die". Only energy dice can remain in your reserve pool during your opponents turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.