Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

So we shouldn't vote for Hillary?
ok then.

That'd be more like setting us back 100 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
sfox wrote:

Is she trying to grab some woman's pussy? Kinda looks like it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Saving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
remorseless1 wrote:
sfox wrote:

Is she trying to grab some woman's pussy? Kinda looks like it....
shake Not just ANY "pussy" while yet a TRUMP-one of BOTH 'gender'!
~"Well, aren't YOU?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sfox wrote:

Back 50 years? You mean to when the nation was independent, prosperous and free? Why would we ever want that? (And actually, we'd need to go back like, 70 years to the time before the progressive and liberal revolutions.)

And - are we even going to discuss if Daylight Saving is plural or singular?

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." Galatians 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
sfox wrote:

Back 50 years? You mean to when the nation was independent, prosperous and free? Why would we ever want that? (And actually, we'd need to go back like, 70 years to the time before the progressive and liberal revolutions

When we had Jim Crow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Back 50 years? You mean to when the nation was independent, prosperous and free? Why would we ever want that? (And actually, we'd need to go back like, 70 years to the time before the progressive and liberal revolutions

When we had Jim Crow?

He is just being pedantic, I'm not sure why you bothered to reply to him. When you reply to a troll you are just doing what they want so you can't really win except by ignoring them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our clocks went back last weekend. Which means we got this joke a week early. (It was Brexit, but same thing really.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
sfox wrote:

When we had Jim Crow?

Of course! And before we had medicine, and Wi-fi, dish detergent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Daddys_Home wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
sfox wrote:

When we had Jim Crow?

medicine? WTF, you that stupid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Daddys_Home wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
sfox wrote:

When we had Jim Crow?

medicine? WTF, you that stupid?

Only as stupid as you are easy. Woosh!

As a footnote, I'd like to cite a bit of history as well:

"During the Reconstruction period of 1865–1877, federal law provided civil rights protection in the U.S. South for freedmen, the African Americans who had formerly been slaves, and former free blacks. In the 1870s, Democrats gradually regained power in the Southern legislatures, having used insurgent paramilitary groups, such as the White League and Red Shirts, to disrupt Republican organizing, run Republican officeholders out of town, and intimidate blacks to suppress their voting. Extensive voter fraud was also used. Gubernatorial elections were close and had been disputed in Louisiana for years, with increasing violence against blacks during campaigns from 1868 onward. In 1877, a national Democratic Party compromise to gain Southern support in the presidential election resulted in the government's withdrawing the last of the federal troops from the South. White Democrats had regained political power in every Southern state.[3] These Southern, white, Democratic Redeemer governments legislated Jim Crow laws, officially segregating black people from the white population."

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Our clocks went back last weekend. Which means we got this joke a week early. (It was Brexit, but same thing really.)

It is a really dumb thing really, it would be better to just mandate that businesses open one hour earlier/later. In my profession I have to deal with a lot of timestamped data and it is always a pain in the ass to deal with DST. In general I try to just store data in UTC format, but the problem is all the data that I have no control over that is sent to me by others. The biggest issue is always when DST ends and you repeat the same hour twice. Something always gets fucked up somewhere, every damn year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Only as stupid as you are easy
I'm easy, just ask my wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
sfox wrote:
IN just 2 years afterwards, then 'moi' could become: 'lil Drummer Boy in the `NAM'! cool Where's them OTHERS during then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
I'm setting my scale back 10 pounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

So we shouldn't vote for Hillary?
ok then.

Her levels of corruption are very similar to the old Tammany Hall scandals, aren't they?

Also Democrats as it happens:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Tweed

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
sfox wrote:

Daylight Savings Time

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

It is a really dumb thing really, it would be better to just mandate that businesses open one hour earlier/later. In my profession I have to deal with a lot of timestamped data and it is always a pain in the ass to deal with DST. In general I try to just store data in UTC format, but the problem is all the data that I have no control over that is sent to me by others. The biggest issue is always when DST ends and you repeat the same hour twice. Something always gets fucked up somewhere, every damn year.

When something appears to be simpler, but isn't done, there are probably reasons why.

In this case custom and practice, linked with international agreements (at least here) that are already in place. On the other trying to change how millions of people. Indict their lives, knowing it will be a great big mess.

So intertia wins.

And your timestamps demonstrate that. As you say, simply using UTC (or maybe TAI) is simple and easy. Except people don't do it. And that's life, people don't.

Personally, I'd like to change to Central European time. But that's not going to happen either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
It would be more ike setting us ahead 100 years in the true story of the Fall of the American Empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's so cute the way you guys have pivoted on Obama being literally the worst and about to destroy America - he didn't manage it in 8 years, but now someone with sadly the exact same policy positions + slightly more conservative on war is gonna do it.

Got it.

And the orange muppet who wants to whip out the nuclear football when he needs to make a point in high level talks and feels like banning religions he doesn't like "just cuz", ending the first amendment, etc., etc. That guy will guide us into the land of milk and honey, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Daylight Savings Time

Wrong. "Saving" is still the preferred term, although language being what it is the common error of "Savings" has been accepted into dictionaries as an alternate form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Sarxis wrote:
Back 50 years? You mean to when the nation was independent, prosperous and free? Why would we ever want that? (And actually, we'd need to go back like, 70 years to the time before the progressive and liberal revolutions.)

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." Galatians 5

Make up your mind -- is it 1966 or 1946? Because a lot of black people might take issue with that. Not to mention women. Or non-white citizens. Or Jewish people. So you want us to go back to a time where three-quarters of the country were being oppressed and treated as second-class (or worse) citizens by the white male one-quarter? Maybe go back to 1960, when the idea of a non-Protestant yet Christian white male as president was abhorrent to a great number of people.

Good call, bro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.