Subject: Components quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aristides Chrapalos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I love the game!

The purpose for this post is informative for people that are thinking of buying the game.

Before buying I dreamt very heavy balls (like filled with sand) and with a high quallity rubber feeling. I was very disappointed as the balls are of medium weight and have that plain plastic feel.

Not cheap - but not classy.
Not light - just heavy enough so the game can be enjoyable

In short, the quality of the game components is just enough. There is no extra quality that will make you fall in love with it.

I am more than happy I have this game in my collection...
BUT
... I bought it for 27 Euros as a special offer. If I have bought it in it's full price (around 48 euros) I would certainly feel cheated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
huh... I don't know if there were different versions printed, but I actually feel the balls feel very high quality for a board game component. They feel very hard and solid ... remind me a little of my Ubongo 3D pieces.

Dropping one from about 9 inches off the table makes quite the loud, sharp sound, and for the sake of my wooded table I don't think I'll be doing that again.

I also got (2 copies) for a very good price, but even at full price I definitely would not have felt cheated, by the components or the gameplay. Great game, that gets requested a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aristides Chrapalos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you shared your opinion.

Great game indeed!

I just wanted to feel great holding those balls in my hands (like I feel great holding the Spledor chips) and that didn't happen.

Maybe I was expecting too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Wise Cracker
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Peopepeo13 wrote:

I just wanted to feel great holding those balls in my hands

Hey now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aristides Chrapalos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sucrificed my dignity so I can be more precise and helpful! Feel free to laugh about it. ...I did while writing my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Wise Cracker
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Peopepeo13 wrote:
I sucrificed my dignity so I can be more precise and helpful! Feel free to laugh about it. ...I did while writing my post.

You're a good sport. Being able to laugh at one's self is an admirable quality

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.