Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it varies based on the mission. Omnistomp rarely feels like a bad choice. But some missions you get a ton of use out of Chain Lightning, it's like a Fuel Tank that keeps giving, especially if you can start two chains from the same facing. But other missions you need a ripsaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a number of builds, but one of my favorites is "The Space Invader"
Omnistomp:Ripsaw:Omnistomp:Ripsaw:Hexmatic Aimbot:Memory Core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotate - Move - Fire - Rotate - Move - Fire is my usual "generic" setup. I'm not specifying any cards in particular, because that's not a deckbuilder - you pick from what's there. The good part of the setup above is that you can enter a group of mobs, do some damage and then retreat to your original spot. In general, rotate at level 3 is the most powerful card, that allows for the most combinations and chaos control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first turn, when you pick two cards, pick two of the same color, particularly for turning. When you get a third turning card, you maximize your flexibility for facing.

Fuel Tank is stupid fun. You don't take damage, so you know your commands will be executed in order. Also, you may prevent damage from being taken by other mechs.

If it will be your turn next, pick up a memory core card because it will increase the number of cards drawn during your turn.

If the minion movement is predictable, have one player sit in their path with Scythe.

If CrazyGoNuts Guy is playing, encourage him to run into the minions and mow them down, so he can get enough kills to activate everyone's skill cards. If possible, have him end on a spawning point at the end of the turn. When you're just recklessly killing minions, damage is *not* a bad thing, since some cards may provide additional movement to kill off minions, you're out of the way of other mechs, and a damage card may overwrite another damage card. Oh, and give him a Fuel Tank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Rotate - Move - Fire - Rotate - Move - Fire is my usual "generic" setup.

I use the same setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Strategy? Just take damage and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:

I'm guessing you play Ziggs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
stevepop wrote:

I'm guessing you play Ziggs...

Tristana! I like doing damage and I don't mind taking it either. Seriously, this game is like Jazz for me. It's a good laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.