Subject: What's the deal with ports and ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick bernard
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Perhaps I missed it but I did not find any mention in the rules in regards to the ships and ports on the RISK:LOTR:TE map. Does anyone know exactly how the ports and ships function in the game... I can only make an educated guess at best.

1+1 = 10
JohnsonRod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Summers
United States
Shrewsbury
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:What's the deal with ports and ships
JohnsonRod (#24557),
There is a mention of sea-lines on page 3 of the English rules. The example given (in the rules below the sea-line statement) is very clear, if you need further clarification. Its just like normal Risk, you must follow the dotted line to the places they touch and in LOTR Risk they only touch on the ship illustrations ('ports' as people like to call them).

I know everybody wants to attack anywhere along the coast but you simply are not allowed, just like in normal risk!

Cap'ish?

Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pa pixie
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:What's the deal with ports and ships
JohnsonRod wrote:
Perhaps I missed it but I did not find any mention in the rules in regards to the ships and ports on the RISK:LOTR:TE map. Does anyone know exactly how the ports and ships function in the game... I can only make an educated guess at best.

1+1 = 10
JohnsonRod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wolf
msg tools
You can attack or fortify territories along Sea Routes (dotted lines) between two ports (ships).

Here are the 5 Sea Routes across which attacks/fortifications can be conducted:
Forodwaith and Mithlond
Mithlond and Minhiriath
Belfalas and Minhiriath
Umbar and Minhiriath
Umbar and Belfalas

The attacks can obviously be made either direction along these 5 Sea Routes.

-Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.