Subject: What is the point of loot card: Sword of the Seer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sword of the Seer: Weapon, 2 Vorpal. Draw a card. Each other player must show you their hand.

Are you not normally allowed to tell your teammates what cards you have? The game is cooperative rather than competitive so this seems out of place, and looking at the next card in the foe or encounter deck would have still been thematic with the card and really useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OtterOwnage wrote:
Sword of the Seer: Weapon, 2 Vorpal. Draw a card. Each other player must show you their hand.

Are you not normally allowed to tell your teammates what cards you have? The game is cooperative rather than competitive so this seems out of place, and looking at the next card in the foe or encounter deck would have still been thematic with the card and really useful.

I got the impression that it's not quite as cooperative as you seem to think it is. I think I'd probably put this in the semi-cooperative category. While you can't attack any other players directly, you aren't under any obligation to help them. If you read through the rulebook, especially with regards to conquering the spire, you see that there's an element of "every runelord for themself" at play. The only real cooperative element is the madness track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to be absolutely correct. I read through the win condition section of the rule book again and it has more mixed coop/comp rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmb
The first time we played my boy made it to the spire level first and kept rotating the level to make it more difficult for me to align the steps. Needless to say he made it to the spire door first but got crushed by the spire card. It was really a good strategy on his part. I like the semi-cooperative feel. It doesn't have the harsh feel that Talisman has. We tend to start getting cranky at each other with Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.