Subject: Ouroboros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Ferrão
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing for the first time with the 6 Ouroboros cards mixed into the deck and I think I played the game wrong. Once the ouroboros was in playing I stopped drawing cards from the threat deck as it's the final boss. Should I have continued drawing a new threat card every turn?

If the answer is yes, is it possible to win the game when the Ouroboros cards ate mixed in?

Great little solo game. Very impressed with what I got for so little money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferrao wrote:
I was playing for the first time with the 6 Ouroboros cards mixed into the deck and I think I played the game wrong. Once the ouroboros was in playing I stopped drawing cards from the threat deck as it's the final boss. Should I have continued drawing a new threat card every turn?

If the answer is yes, is it possible to win the game when the Ouroboros cards ate mixed in?

I'm pretty sure that you continue drawing (it's been a while since I played). If you think that makes the game too hard, you can place the ouroboros cards at the bottom of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferrao wrote:

Yes, you are still meant to take the turn order correctly, which means drawing threat cards.

If you choose to put them at the bottom of the deck, or bring them into play after the deck runs out (the same thing), do not forget about the Scanner dice condition that if you place a 3rd scanner dice, you draw a threat card AND IF you cannot draw a threat card, you take 1 shield/hull damage.

Since the threat deck has run out, you cannot draw a threat card in this phase, hence a 3rd scanner dice always means taking 1 damage in these circumstances.

And yes, having the Ouroboros mixed in with the threat deck is nasty.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ferrão
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick replies.

It does make sense, I did think I was playing it wrong.

I'll add the Ouroboros at the end of the deck next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh OK, the way I understood and played it was: When the Ouroboros cards are randomly shuffled in the game ends with the boss fight as soon as the 6th card with a circle on it was drawn. In that case I would have skipped the remaining threat cards. I admit that doesn't make sense, because theoretically all 6 Ouroboros cards could come up early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.