GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,063 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Dungeon Crawler» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Playmat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ched Zaccaria
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Has anyone successfully made a playmat out of the template that is posted on the Dungeon Crawler store and feel like sharing how they went about it?

https://www.dungeoncrawler.com/store/play-mats/112-solo-play...

I'd also consider purchasing one already made if they exist anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Didn't they used to sell one outright? I thought they did. Maybe they sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. I made it and I use it every time I play.

Basically, I had my wife print out all the pages on 8x11 glossy heavy card stock as at the time, she was able to do so free at her work. Then, I took it to staples and had them mount it to mdf board and laminate it. I meant for them to attach to posterboard but they screwed up, so I got the board for free.

You might also just print it out on sticky sided lable paper, then carefully mount it yourself onto some poster board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ched Zaccaria
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I'm hoping to find one on a felt mat. I may play around with the image and see if I can't figure it out. Please keep the comments coming if you have anything to add.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truep wrote:
Yes. I made it and I use it every time I play.

Basically, I had my wife print out all the pages on 8x11 glossy heavy card stock as at the time, she was able to do so free at her work. Then, I took it to staples and had them mount it to mdf board and laminate it. I meant for them to attach to posterboard but they screwed up, so I got the board for free.

You might also just print it out on sticky sided lable paper, then carefully mount it yourself onto some poster board.

I'd love to see a photo of your board!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to sell them directly, but haven't found an affordable solution to have them printed and shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I do wish I had a felt map, but this works really well for me.

In hindsight, I wish I hadn't let staples do it, but instead done it myself, because I think I could have done a better job.

Instead of laminating normal paper, I would have just used glossy label paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.