Popular Tags: [View All]
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game for the first time last night and loved it. For the most part we understood everything except one thing. I've read everything I could find and unless I missed it I can't find this answer.

Last night during our first game a Carnivore attacked another players species with a population of 1 (1 card) and the trait scavenger.

The question was does the person with the scavenger ability still get the 1 food from the attack, or do they get nothing since the species with the ability died off?

The argument was made that since the species died off how could it get the food, and the counter argument was that an attack was made before the extinction so the ability should have triggered. The group agreed to put the 1 food to the side, and use it only if the final point total was that close. It didn't matter though as the person in first place wasn't that player and won by 5 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an order of operations for Carnivores on Page 10:

1) Choose a species to attack...
2) Reduce the Population of the attacked species...
3) Feed the Carnivore and any Scavenger.

The Scavenger cannot trigger for step 3 if it no longer exists.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. It makes me very happy to hear. Out of curiosity, how many people did you play it with and how old are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks for the reply. I must have looked that over. It was a group of 4 that played with ages ranging from 27-31.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. I'm glad to hear that it went over well. Make sure to try it as a 2-player game sometime. That's where I think it shines best. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.