Legends Untold» Forums » News

Subject: Inspiring Games Interview with Gaming Trend about Legends Untold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://gamingtrend.com/2016/11/03/crazy-eights-kevin-young-o...

Very grateful to be interviewed by Keith Schleicher at Gaming Trend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested to hear of the 100 scenario campaign!

Now, I'm starting to see the scope of this game and based on the video playthrough am getting very, very excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to 15th. Will the rule book be available to download then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Stefan!

You've possibly seen the videos from Ricky and Deborah and there are a few more to come.

Our big concern (and we have taken advice on this) is that if we share the rules as they are right now you may find some of the explanations confusing and we don't want to put you guys off with that.

We gave the game to Deborah and left her to her own devices to give an independent review. The video states the rules were well written but perhaps some expression of the concepts could be improved. This is fair comment and actually very helpful as Hugh and I have lost our newb objectivity radar on the game after three years!

Ricky has given similar feedback and other reviewers (I don't want to steal their thunder) have also had a few "ahhh right that makes sense now" moments.

So we are onto draft 12 now...and will share when somebody says (yep crystal clear I get that).

We will of course share chunks of it and absolutely show you everything there is about the game. We just want to get the completed article absolutely spot on for you guys first.

Another challenge we have is physically fitting the rulebook into the box, it means we need to be make it crystal clear but also small enough to fit. The Reviewers are working off an A4 version, not the final two poker card wide version.

I hope that helps, and doesn't feel like a cop out!

Thanks for your interest in our game Stefan.

Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By posting the rules now people will also be proof reading it ad be asking questions with sections that aren't clear which will help you pin point the area in the rule book that need more clarification. Which in turn will make for a better rule book . Why not take advantage of the community ..it's dissapointing when more companies don't take advantage of this ..the rule book is the biggest complaint most people have and with such a large community . The more eyes looking at the rule book the better !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Noah,

I do take your point seriously and thank you for raising it.

Can we come back to it please?

What we really need right now from some of you guys (if you are willing) is to help us with the Kickstarter Preview.

You guys will be able to tell us what you like and don't and we can then change it accordingly to give us the best chance of funding this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If the cards expand to a bit bigger than poker size will the box expand too??
Am sure that the rulebook will be ready when you get to Kickstarter and then backers can look over it and ask questions if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Claire,

The plan is to issue the game using poker cards in the base, we got funded level.

We would then swap out Hero cards to double poker sized as that helps us make the nice joined up Hero tableau build that Ricky and Deborah showed you.

We intended to do the same with the Scenario/Event cards.

However we have had some reviewer feedback about making the Scenarios and Events have more punch and detail.

To do this we would probably separate off the Events into a separate Event deck and the Scenario becomes a static card.

So the design would be a stretch goal box with the double sized cards, poker cards, rule book and dice.

There would be space given to accommodate sleeves.

What we're doing just now is trying to figure out how to accommodate all the various suggestions on the stretch goal page.

Great suggestions, we'll try and share our thoughts soon.

Cheers
Kev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.