Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joost
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the last year I have been upgrading my copy of Acquire that I purchased on a fleamarket. Here are the results of my work.

I believe this is an edition of 1982(?). The box was dinged up pretty bad and it was missing tile 1-A. Also a rulebook was absent. The rest of the components were in good condition. However I did not like the box insert and the vacu-formed player trays for the tiles.

I remade the insert out of poplar plywood. The focus here is to get components out of the box and ready to play quickly. I separated the money and shares to different boxes so that they can be accessed at the same time. I also made a bag for the tiles, not sure if I wil keep using it during play, but it works well for storage.

The hotel tiles were replaced by 3D-printed ones of my own design. As Acquire has a fairly abstract feel, I chose to design the hotels to feel architectural but not to make them like realistic buildings. The hotels are stored safely inside the box and are places on to of it during play. As a bonus, the use of the 3D-printed hotels lets me convert one of the hotel tiles to serve as the missing 1-A tile.

I made the trays for the tiles fairly long so that players can slide and organize their tiles as they please. The original ones have two tiers, but I don't see a big advantage for this and it makes the trays less stable.

All in all, I am quiet happy with the results. The only issue I found so far is that the share cards do not handle vertical storage well, but that is not a big issue for me as the box is very flat anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fuentes
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice.
I'm old school. Had a copy of the old Bookcase version.
I added scrabble racks & glued game bits on top of Upwards tiles to make my own colored hotel figures.

I'm VERY jealous of your insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3D printing Hotels is the one thing I want to do to upgrade my Acquire but your edition looks very nice.

Modding Upwords tiles is a nice cheap idea that I might do next time I thrift an Upwords. Thanks for the idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is U-Build Monopoly of which contains "Towering Skyscrapers" of around 4? These could be used to denote where ALL tiles had been used up for whichever "Hotel Chain" had of theirs, then.
surprise REDUNDANT = U-Build Mousetrap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Any chance you could share your stl files? I only have a single color of filament right now, but could certainly print then paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes sure, I can send it to you privately after the weekend. I painted the models too as mine where white originally. My file is optimized for SLS printing. I have uploaded it at shapeways.com. If you search for 'acquire' i'm the first entry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.