$30.00
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I buy a copy of the game from someone who wishes to sell their copy, is there any way to determine from the box itself if this is a 1st print or 2nd print run of the game? I recall reading somewhere about a spelling correction on the box in the 2nd print run, but can anyone confirm this?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
If I buy a copy of the game from someone who wishes to sell their copy, is there any way to determine from the box itself if this is a 1st print or 2nd print run of the game? I recall reading somewhere about a spelling correction on the box in the 2nd print run, but can anyone confirm this?


The only difference between the two is the thickness of the ship boards as the original ones had the occasional problem with warping (which should be pretty obvious if you ask for pictures before you buy). Other than that, why does it matter which version you get?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
randyd42 wrote:
If I buy a copy of the game from someone who wishes to sell their copy, is there any way to determine from the box itself if this is a 1st print or 2nd print run of the game? I recall reading somewhere about a spelling correction on the box in the 2nd print run, but can anyone confirm this?


The only difference between the two is the thickness of the ship boards as the original ones had the occasional problem with warping (which should be pretty obvious if you ask for pictures before you buy). Other than that, why does it matter which version you get?


Some reports suggest that the ship paintjobs are better in the 2nd printing.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the colors are brighter with the second printing.
My copy is first edition and the detailing is fine.
I don't think it effects the feel of the game either way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am talking specifically about the box itself. Is there any way of telling from the box itself, without opening up the game, which printing this copy is? I heard something about s spelling correction on the box but wanted to confirm this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tess Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!

This is what Cody said "No gameplay/mechanic changes in the base game - it's all the same! (The 2 changes I made from 1st printing to 2nd printing are: Changed typo on game box, Heros > Heroes, and changed ship mats to 400gsm cardstock (thinner, less likely to warp like the Eclipse play mats). That's it!"
2 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the word "Heros"/"Heroes" is on the sides of the box bottom, so cannot be seen with the shrinkwrap still on.

Pity the misspelled word "Octogonal" didn't get fixed too. That one's on the actual bottom.
1 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh - first I've heard of that! Thanks RockLobster!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gordon
United Kingdom
Brampton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
Mysterons - my kind of club...
mbmbmbmbmb
RockLobster wrote:
Unfortunately, the word "Heros"/"Heroes" is on the sides of the box bottom, so cannot be seen with the shrinkwrap still on.


Many thanks, you just helped me confirm I have a KS copy
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.