$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Castle Panic: The Dark Titan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some qquestions after the first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
Santarém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Rulebook wrote:
The Cavalier fights a “variable” Monster (e.g., Cyclops) at the Monster’s current health. However, if the fight occurs in that Monster’s special vulnerable ring, the Monster is destroyed.

Even if the Monster is destroyed, it still deals damage to the Cavalier. right?

Official Rulebook wrote:
Players cannot play cards to catch the Cavalier on fire.

Does this mean I can't play a card that catches all Monsters in a space on fire, if a Monster and the Cavalier are in the same space? Or the card simply dsn't affect him, since he's not a Monster? If so, which cards could a player possibly play that would catch the Cavalier on fire?

Official Rulebook wrote:
Once Agranok is brought into play, the 3 Herald tokens that summoned him are discarded and the Agranok card is flipped faceup.

Do they go to the common discard pile, or a special discard pile? Can they be brought back with the Necromancer, for example?

Official Rulebook wrote:
A Herald drawn while Agranok is on the board is placed in the Forest as a 2-point Monster. Then players roll to cause Agranok’s effect, unless Agranok is in the Castle ring. Agranok does NOT roll after moving if he (1) does not move, (2) moves himself by die roll, (3) is moved by another Monster token/Card effect, or (4) is in the Castle ring.

Does the section in bold mean the roll doesn't trigger if a Herald is drawn on Phase 6?
Or does this mean Agranok can move 1 space on Phase 5 and roll to cause its effect, and then roll to cause its effect a 3rd time if a Herald is drawn on Phase 6? And maybe even roll again if more Heralds are drawn on Phase 6?


Official Rulebook wrote:
Slay cards played against Agranok do not kill him but instead cause 4 points of damage and are Banished from the game. This includes any card that uses the term “slay,” such as Barbarian, Nice Shot, Wizard’s Quake, or Hammer of Light.

What about Tar+Feather?
Does he still not move this turn after taking te 4 damage? Is the Tar banished or discarded (I assume discarded, since the "Slay" card is the Feather and not Tar itself).

Official Rulebook wrote:
Any time a Monster token and a Support token are in the same space except the Castle ring), they immediately do battle.

Do Support tokens fight if they start the turn in the same space as a Monster? Or only when they pass through or move to a space with a Monster? If the former is true, then Support tokens may have to Fight at the start of Phase 5, and again during their movement. This seems weird.
I guess they only fight during/after movement, on Phase 5?


Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe that the answers to your questions are in the quotes you have already provided!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:
Official Rulebook wrote:
The Cavalier fights a “variable” Monster (e.g., Cyclops) at the Monster’s current health. However, if the fight occurs in that Monster’s special vulnerable ring, the Monster is destroyed.

Even if the Monster is destroyed, it still deals damage to the Cavalier. right?

Yes, and the Cavalier would be destroyed if the monster still had two or more HP remaining.
AsGSnak wrote:
Official Rulebook wrote:
Players cannot play cards to catch the Cavalier on fire.

Does this mean I can't play a card that catches all Monsters in a space on fire, if a Monster and the Cavalier are in the same space? Or the card simply dsn't affect him, since he's not a Monster? If so, which cards could a player possibly play that would catch the Cavalier on fire?

I don’t know what card(s) could possibly target him, but since the Cavalier is not a Monster, you may still play the card you are referencing.
AsGSnak wrote:
Official Rulebook wrote:
Once Agranok is brought into play, the 3 Herald tokens that summoned him are discarded and the Agranok card is flipped faceup.

Do they go to the common discard pile, or a special discard pile? Can they be brought back with the Necromancer, for example?

I would say the Heralds go to the common discard pile since there is no mention of any other discard pile besides the ones for cards. So yes, the Necromancer could bring them back.
AsGSnak wrote:
Official Rulebook wrote:
A Herald drawn while Agranok is on the board is placed in the Forest as a 2-point Monster. Then players roll to cause Agranok’s effect, unless Agranok is in the Castle ring. Agranok does NOT roll after moving if he (1) does not move, (2) moves himself by die roll, (3) is moved by another Monster token/Card effect, or (4) is in the Castle ring.

Does the section in bold mean the roll doesn't trigger if a Herald is drawn on Phase 6?
Or does this mean Agranok can move 1 space on Phase 5 and roll to cause its effect, and then roll to cause its effect a 3rd time if a Herald is drawn on Phase 6? And maybe even roll again if more Heralds are drawn on Phase 6?

Yes, you roll to cause Agranok’s effect for each additional Herald drawn unless Agranok is in the Castle ring.
AsGSnak wrote:
Official Rulebook wrote:
Slay cards played against Agranok do not kill him but instead cause 4 points of damage and are Banished from the game. This includes any card that uses the term “slay,” such as Barbarian, Nice Shot, Wizard’s Quake, or Hammer of Light.

What about Tar+Feather?
Does he still not move this turn after taking te 4 damage? Is the Tar banished or discarded (I assume discarded, since the "Slay" card is the Feather and not Tar itself).

Is that the bookmark promo you are talking about? Play it as you want, but I would say no he doesn’t move and the Tar is discarded after the Monster movement phase as usual.
AsGSnak wrote:
Official Rulebook wrote:
Any time a Monster token and a Support token are in the same space except the Castle ring), they immediately do battle.

Do Support tokens fight if they start the turn in the same space as a Monster? Or only when they pass through or move to a space with a Monster? If the former is true, then Support tokens may have to Fight at the start of Phase 5, and again during their movement. This seems weird.
I guess they only fight during/after movement, on Phase 5?

It’s only weird if you make it weird . I would think normally you would not intentionally move a Support token into a Monster space, but if you do, then yes, they could fight multiple times on a turn. When the rules say “any time,” it means any time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.