Subject: Kickstarter exclusives availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

i took part in the kickstarter campaign of hero realms and I own the kickstarter exclusive cards and the other 12 promos.

I do not know if for star realms and epic, kickstarter campaigns existed but I know that promos exist and they were available at a much later point. You could for example buy star realms promos in Essen.

I think the 12 regular hero realms promos will be available at a later point and if a digital version will appear those cards will be implemented as well.

What about the kickstarter exclusive cards which we unlocked during the campaign, will they appear some day?
Did kickstarter exclusives existed for epic/star realms and were they sold after the kickstarter campaign at some point?

I hope one day all cards will be available because a lot of people probably discovered this gem of a game after the kickstarter campaign.

PS. I noticed that almost everyone still waits for its shipment. If you have some specific questions regarding some cards for hero realms, feel free to ask me. I'll maybe take a picture or write the information down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it. Getting the cards free and first is motivation to back the project, but by (eventually) releasing the cards to retail, late comers don't feel excluded.

Having said that, White Wizard Games has made several mistakes in implementing this strategy for Star Realms and Epic. For Star Realms, I think that it took them way too long to print the promos pack. They started promising the mass market release would be "soon" for more than a year, and they finally released the first of the reprints. It would also be appreciated if they were more up front about what cards will be included in the promo pack and when. For example, Merc Garrison will be but Merc Cruiser will not. It also sounds like Star Realms: Admiral's Tabletop will not be in the Year 2 promo pack given to Hero Realms backers. Will it be in the Year 2 retail release?

With Epic, they made several small mistakes, as far as I can tell, first of all, White Wizards did not keep the cards exclusive for any real period of time. They sold another print run with the Hero Realms campaign. Though it is still a "Kickstarter exclusive", they are selling the cards separately and outside of the original campaign and doing so less than a year after the game first shipped. Second, I am not happy with the rate that the promos are being distributed as tournament prizes. It seemed like Elder Greatwurm was only used as a prize for one tournament and since then, the prizes have been stuck on Necromancer Apprentice/New Dawn/Teleport (I think that that is the promo pool). It means that I end up with a bunch of extra copies of cards I own, but cannot construct a full set of singles that I could trade for something of value. Minor nit and I wish that they switched to alt art on the cards earlier so that they would not just be exact repeats of my Kickstarter set.

In any case, these are minor complaints and I am really happy about the treatment of promos overall. If a WWG employee reads this, they should not take it as negative but rather as a positive that this is all that I can complain about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Star Realms had promos that were not part of the year one promos distributed through tournaments. These promos made it into the Gambit set, and are :
- The first Gambits cards
- The Merc Cruiser
- The Nemesis Beast solo and coop challenge cards
- The Pirate of the Dark Star solo and coop challenge cards

These were available much earlier than the 12 year one promo cards.

Epic had nothing but the 12 year one promo cards.

We have no information yet as to how exclusive the stretch-goals are to kickstarter in the Hero Realms campaign. I backed it, but I hope everyone will be able to have easy access to these cards. I don't like exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the upcoming White Wizard Game Fair will just feature existing hero realms promos and not new ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
I hope the upcoming White Wizard Game Fair will just feature existing hero realms promos and not new ones!

I made a mistake regarding Epic: there were the Demigods and God cards that were not part of the Year One promos! There's also the card that comes with the longbox made by Legion Supplies

Anyway, White Wizards has plenty of promo cards which are regular cards with alternate artwork, such as Thundarus for Epic, or the Machine Cult Base from Star Realms (which counts as an ally for every faction) that came with the Humble Bundle. These have no impact on the gameplay so it's a good thing to have I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnold Duong
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So glad I found this thread. I didn't find out about this game until very recently. I was searching on Ebay for the Kickstarter promos, but it sounds like I really should just wait instead of paying 30 dollars for the KS promos. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.