Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mb
I have rolled a Free Combat Segment Special Initiative Result for the Americans. It states to 'Activate a command that has already been activated for Command Control and Movement only'. Neither the Command Control Segment or the Movement Segment allow for any form of combat however.

So, is the Initiative Special Results chart correct? If so, why is the result called a 'Free Combat Segment'. Or, is it a misprint/errata, and the result should also include a Fire Combat Segment or Close Combat Segment. Or, should the Special Result be 'Free Movement Segment' instead?

As always, many thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, looks like Mathew has a typo on his chart. If you look at the description on the chart that comes with the printed game, however, you'll see that it is indeed a description of a free combat segment: "The affected side may select any friendly Command (whether previously activated or not yet activated in the current turn) and immediately perform 1 of the following: a Fire Combat Segment with the Command's infantry units, a Fire Combat Segment with the Command's artillery unit, or a Close Combat segment. Independent/attached units may not be activated as part of this Special Result. The selected Command is not considered activated by this result and therefore may be activated subsequently in the current turn. This Special Result can be applied to a particular Command only once per game turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Hinkle
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure enough, there are a couple of errors--thank you! I fixed them both. Here is the link to the BAR website which has the updated file:

https://sites.google.com/site/battlesfromtheageofreason/home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys. I hadn't thought to look at the Special Results chart that actually came with the game, so was just using the V3 update that I had printed out.

I also noticed on the TEC that Skirmish formation is listed as 6SP max, but a couple of the British units that start the scenario in Skirmish have 8SP.

Cheers guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.