Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, there is only one movement style I don't understand and that is when passing over an inlet. Here is the only picture I can find to help illustrate the situation:

Assuming the Blue ant in the Lower left wants to move COUNTER-CLOCKWISE.

Would it have to stop in the gap between the blue spider and the grey grasshopper, and then on its next turn could then continue in the direction?

Or would it be able to merely move over the inlet and continue in the direction on the same turn?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the ant remains in contact with the hive at all points in his movement, he can slide along that 'inlet'. He can't pass through it to get near the queen (it's a narrow gap that he can't slide through) but since he would be in contact with both the blue spider and the grey hopper, he can continue his move past the hopper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dean,

I wasn't sure if the ant was forced to have to follow that inlet (thus forcing him to stop there for a turn) or not. I appreciate the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
There is no concept of an ant having to stop anywhere. The ant can move to any accessible place it wants. And inaccessible places (like an inlet or hole) don't cause any required stopping; the ant simply can't get to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ilan berci
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, If this is indeed the case, that the ant can "slide" across gaps, then what benefit does the spider have over the ant? It seems that the ant can do everything the spider can do and more. I too previously thought that the ant couldn't slide across gaps so that the spider would have at least one thing it could do that the ant couldn't but I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for the clarifications and am very curious about the spider question above..

ilan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
iberci wrote:
Hmmm, If this is indeed the case, that the ant can "slide" across gaps, then what benefit does the spider have over the ant?

None at all. The Spider is strictly inferior to the ant, by design. So if you can pin an opponent's Ant using your Spider, you've achieved an 'advantage'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls