Subject: How to interpret this Foe's Power? Frae. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, thanks for all the help so far. Found some wording that was a little confusing to me and I've been getting destroyed by my current interpretation.

Frae: Rogue, Foe. Deal Frae the top card from your battle deck. Subtract the power value from your hand when facing her."

Say I draw my next card and it has 3 power. Does that mean I discard three cards? Do I increase her stats by 3 each, making her fight/skill/charm a 6/14/0 instead of a 3/11/0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
OtterOwnage wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for all the help so far. Found some wording that was a little confusing to me and I've been getting destroyed by my current interpretation.

Frae: Rogue, Foe. Deal Frae the top card from your battle deck. Subtract the power value from your hand when facing her."

Say I draw my next card and it has 3 power. Does that mean I discard three cards? Do I increase her stats by 3 each, making her fight/skill/charm a 6/14/0 instead of a 3/11/0?
I am not sure if I did it correctly, but I discarded cards worth up to what was drawn. If the card was 3 fight, I discarded cards worth up to 3 fight. Again, not sure if that is the correct interpretation, but that is how I did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdarlage wrote:
OtterOwnage wrote:

I am not sure if I did it correctly, but I discarded cards worth up to what was drawn. If the card was 3 fight, I discarded cards worth up to 3 fight. Again, not sure if that is the correct interpretation, but that is how I did it.

I believe you check the value of the card's upper right corner. If it provides (for example) 2 Fight, you start the Showdown at -2 Fight. If there is no value, you subtract nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyBaker wrote:
cdarlage wrote:
OtterOwnage wrote:

I believe you check the value of the card's upper right corner. If it provides (for example) 2 Fight, you start the Showdown at -2 Fight. If there is no value, you subtract nothing.

This makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyBaker wrote:
cdarlage wrote:
OtterOwnage wrote:

If the card provides Charm, does that mean you now need that much Charm to defeat Frae as well as the Fight and Skill she usually requires? That was how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuckerotl wrote:
RustyBaker wrote:
cdarlage wrote:
OtterOwnage wrote:

If the card provides Charm, does that mean you now need that much Charm to defeat Frae as well as the Fight and Skill she usually requires? That was how we played it.

That's how I'd play it as well. It's not a very elegant wording, but it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.