Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
My set has a pretty good warp in it and it's irritating me. I have tried flattening them with pressure but it didn't help. I have had cards with minor warping before but it just went away through natural use. These seem to be pretty bad.

Is this a common problem? Is there a way to flatten them, or is it customer service time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Aho
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards are the same way. Very disappointing. I'm used to high quality cards with Legendary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email QA@upperdeck.com with photos.

I would try putting a stack of 10-20 heavy books on top of the cards for a solid week first though.

FWIW, my Deadpool cards weren't warped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pariah74 wrote:
My set has a pretty good warp in it and it's irritating me. I have tried flattening them with pressure but it didn't help. I have had cards with minor warping before but it just went away through natural use. These seem to be pretty bad.

Is this a common problem? Is there a way to flatten them, or is it customer service time?

Yeah, mine were like that. I put heavy shit on em (I forget what) for a night (after I sleeved them, of course). Theyre fine now. I should have emailed Upper Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were fine. Never had a problem with warping on any of my Legendary sets. Misprinted cards, yes. Warping, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, mine had a pretty significant curl to them. Bad enough that my wife noticed and commented on it. I've been mulling an email to Upper Deck. Interesting to know that it would any an isolated incident. Never seen this particular problem before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, my Deadpool set has a small amount of curve to them. I didn't notice until I went to sleeve them. At first I thought maybe my sleeves were too tight but I checked the ones that hadn't been sleeved yet and they were al like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not alone. At first i tought my cards where warped because of Deadpool's influence (warped mind and all). Seriously, they had acurve to them that cards get when exposed to too much humidity. Let's hope this isn't a new thing at Upperdeck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this with the Guardians expansion actually, a very slight warp in all the cards. They're still like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has a very very slight bend in the deck, but not enough to bother me, tbh. Sorry yours is worse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah mine too, but it doesn't really bother me all that much.

I'll probably try and flatten them with the big print version of the complete works of Charles Dickens (extra points for anyone that knows the reference).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are just fine, and as someone else has noted I never had a problem with warped cards, or misprints, or anything. I guess it must be luck of the draw. Sorry bub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I had this with the Guardians expansion actually, a very slight warp in all the cards. They're still like that.

For me, it was my Civil War cards. Still is, to some extent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Villains set is entirely like this, still is to this day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
I know this is an old thread, but I just purchased the Deadpool expansion and my cards were alll warped with a bend in every card.

I emailed UpperDeck Customer Service. They asked for a few photos and my receipt. They agreed the cards were not up to standard and agreed to replace my entire expansion deck with a new set.

That's great customer service!

Thanks UpperDeck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Applefiend wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I just purchased the Deadpool expansion and my cards were alll warped with a bend in every card.

I emailed UpperDeck Customer Service. They asked for a few photos and my receipt. They agreed the cards were not up to standard and agreed to replace my entire expansion deck with a new set.

Thanks UpperDeck!

Wish I had thought to do this in February. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan folsom
msg tools
Applefiend wrote:

Thanks UpperDeck!

Wait, they asked for a receipt? Yeah, 'cuz I hold onto the full-page printout receipt of everything I order online...shake

I didn't notice the warp in my Deadpool expansion until I'd sorted everything into the box, but it's very slight, and as others have said in the past, pressing the cards on a flat surface overnight usually does the trick.

Hell, back in the day a buddy of mine spilled a cup of water on the table we were playing MTG on, and I was able to salvage my entire deck with paper towels and the Encyclopedia Brittainica!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nate the dawg wrote:
Applefiend wrote:

Thanks UpperDeck!

Wait, they asked for a receipt? Yeah, 'cuz I hold onto the full-page printout receipt of everything I order online...shake

You don't hold on to it until you get whatever you purchased and check to make sure it's right and nothing's defective?

It's just an email, it's not like it's taking up space in your house or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
nate the dawg wrote:
Applefiend wrote:

Thanks UpperDeck!

I ordered online as well. I just sent them a screenshot of my online receipt which was available as part of my account order history.

I put my Deadpool cards under some heavy books too. The bend is less noticeable, but it's still there and I can still pick a Deadpool card out from all of my others straight away. Still waiting for the delivery of my new cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.