Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have an incomplete set they want to sell a card out of? I recently acquired a copy without one of the purple-bordered 11s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played this game with anything other than standard decks of cards. Skip-Bo is the only proprietary commercial version of the game that I knew of. Is this not the same game as described here: https://www.pagat.com/patience/spitemal.html?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is...mostly. Instead of the 12 ranks of cards (A to Q) with K being wild, there are 13 ranks of cards plus Wild, Spite, and Malice cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so there's the special cards: wild, spite, and malice? Or two: wild, spite and malice. (Oh, the case for the Oxford comma!)

I play with one FULL deck per player, kings and jokers wild rather than just kings. Center build piles equal number of players plus one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking at it again, the Malice effect is on the 13s and the Spite effect is on the Wilds. Each wild has it's own Spite effect, the 13s (I think) all have the same Malice effect: add one card to an opponents play pile.

The deck consists of 8 sets 1-13 plus eight Wilds. Effectively, two full decks plus four Jokers.

The Oxford comma was there for a reason: precision. I continue to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.