Hide
14 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Just the facts: How far have you gotten? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
In the thread asking whether anyone had finished, no one really answered in the affirmative. So I thought I'd put it in poll form:

Poll
1. How many games has your group completed?
Just the Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen or More
2. And?
We're still playing.
We've stopped.
We finished the whole thing.
      111 answers
Poll created by Hexprone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
Jeez, who's the guy who played more than 15 games and isn't finished yet? Are you close? Have you figured out what you're supposed to do for that final unlock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Montenegro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption was that they played over 15 times and hadn't finished, and that is the reason they stopped playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rawlinsusmc wrote:
My assumption was that they played over 15 times and hadn't finished, and that is the reason they stopped playing.

That doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I've seen people say they stopped playing after 6 or 9 or whatever games, but I have a hard time imagining the group that's having enough fun to play 14 times but man that 15th was just too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, signal boost for a poll for what game you opened what box:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1655147/poll-what-game-did-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
rawlinsusmc wrote:

No, I was checking the poll when they voted, and neither the 15+ game person nor the 14 game person is one of the two voters who had stopped.

I wanted to post the poll as a matrix to make it clearer how answers to the two questions overlapped, but the matrix-style questions let you pick one answer per row, which didn't make sense for this poll.

I could also tell from the timing of the votes that least one of the two people who have stopped did so after six games -- also the total that Dice Tower and SUSD reached before stopping and giving not-great reviews.

Unfortunate because, at least for us, six games was right before one of the cooler unlocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexprone wrote:
I could also tell from the timing of the votes that least one of the two people who have stopped did so after six games -- also the total that Dice Tower and SUSD reached before stopping and giving not-great reviews.

Unfortunate because, at least for us, six games was right before one of the cooler unlocks.

The Dice Tower was able to open five of the boxes by Game 5 (so was my group, we're still playing though). SU&SD stopped playing some point after unlocking the first three boxes based on their board spoilers in the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may seem a bit weird but I didn't count Shut Up & Sit Down's review as a 'proper' review, like their reviews of normal games, because they didn't play through to the end of the campaign.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big SU&SD fan, but I think that for a legacy game, the whole campaign needs to be reviewed, or the review needs literally to be called 'Game X Legacy: a review of a third of the game' type thing.

I think from the SU&SD review, they may have opened all the boxes after they decided to stop playing, so they'd know what was planned, but even then that's not playing it as intended.

If a movie reviewer said 'I watched 20 minutes of that film and then someone who'd seen it all told me what happened in the rest of it - I give it 3/10', lol, people would be like 'dude, that's not a review lol'.

I don't think I've seen a review by any big review site which has finished the campaign yet. It'd be nice to see one.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can my answer to this poll be updated as we play more games?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
Can my answer to this poll be updated as we play more games?

Yes. Click the "Questions" button at the bottom to go back to the questions and re-answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:

I think from the SU&SD review, they may have opened all the boxes after they decided to stop playing, so they'd know what was planned, but even then that's not playing it as intended.

If a movie reviewer said 'I watched 20 minutes of that film and then someone who'd seen it all told me what happened in the rest of it - I give it 3/10', lol, people would be like 'dude, that's not a review lol'.

I think a more correct analogy for SU&SD would be 'I watched 45 minutes of that film and just wanted to walk out. I did that and asked someone who'd seen it all to tell me what happened in the rest of it - I give it 5/10'

My group of 3 just finished game 1 and we are eager for more. We'll probably be playing at a rate of a game every 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hilton
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to reply in text- my group has completed game 9, have opened 5 of the 6 boxes, and are very excited to keep playing. There's no doubt in my mind as of this game that we'll finish.

One player is struggling in campaign glory, but I think everyone is still having fun despite that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
Hexprone wrote:
Jeez, who's the guy who played more than 15 games and isn't finished yet?

Well, now it's me. I'm that guy. But I'm a lot more bullish on the game now that I was when I was halfway through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently got up to Game 6, and have opened boxes
Spoiler (click to reveal)
1-4.

We're still going strong, and everyone has been having fun. We won't be playing for the remainder of the month, but that's due to scheduling (one player will be out of state due to BGGCon on our next game day, and another player will be out of state due to Thanksgiving the following week).

I admit I'm wondering if we might finish the campaign objectives sooner than Game 15(ish), based on our current progress. But I guess we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.