Subject: Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is starting to get tough to fit everything in one box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll have to adapt to the changing circumstances!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's why I have two copies of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
steckman wrote:

Why do you need two copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
steckman wrote:

Why do you need two copies?

In my case to have Flight AND Climate ready to go at all times. Sorting the deck can be a real pain. I got the second set of base cards for only $6 as part of the KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the OP wants to combine both expansions.

I'm very curious to see the "official" plan on how to do it. It was mentioned on the last Kickstarter update. After all the ideas around here, it will be nice to see something from the professionals perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
CenozoicMatt wrote:

I'm very curious to see the "official" plan on how to do it. It was mentioned on the last Kickstarter update. After all the ideas around here, it will be nice to see something from the professionals perspective.

My professional opinion is DON'T DO IT! laugh

Just kidding. I wouldn't mix the cards together. That really waters down the experience and messes with the game length. But you can add the Avian Species Boards and the Cliff to CLIMATE and get an awesome gaming experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CenozoicMatt wrote:

Nope. If you look you will see each deck is labeled. I picked up Evolution during the Flight Kickstarter campaign. Part of that was getting a 2nd edition base set of cards. I liked that as I could have one deck for Base and one for Flight ready to go without having to filter out cards if I wanted to play Base. So with Climate I also got another set of Base cards for the same reason. The top deck is Base, then Climate, then Flight, then promos and Flight boards. Just pull out the appropriate deck and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Kriegler
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Climate + Promo pack just arrived too! Woohoo! But now I'm kicking myself. Why did I not get Flight as well?!?! Somebody slap me, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkiliknam wrote:
My copy of Climate + Promo pack just arrived too! Woohoo! But now I'm kicking myself. Why did I not get Flight as well?!?! Somebody slap me, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
Waterville
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirpoonga wrote:

If you look you will see each deck is labeled. I picked up Evolution during the Flight Kickstarter campaign. Part of that was getting a 2nd edition base set of cards. I liked that as I could have one deck for Base and one for Flight ready to go without having to filter out cards if I wanted to play Base. So with Climate I also got another set of Base cards for the same reason. The top deck is Base, then Climate, then Flight, then promos and Flight boards. Just pull out the appropriate deck and play.

Impressive that this all fits in one box, and useful, because you have one set of species boards and cubes that you use for all three games. So, how did you get all of this to fit anyway? I guess you took out the plastic insert and made your own card holders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trinket Magpie wrote:
sirpoonga wrote:

If you look you will see each deck is labeled. I picked up Evolution during the Flight Kickstarter campaign. Part of that was getting a 2nd edition base set of cards. I liked that as I could have one deck for Base and one for Flight ready to go without having to filter out cards if I wanted to play Base. So with Climate I also got another set of Base cards for the same reason. The top deck is Base, then Climate, then Flight, then promos and Flight boards. Just pull out the appropriate deck and play.

Impressive that this all fits in one box, and useful, because you have one set of species boards and cubes that you use for all three games. So, how did you get all of this to fit anyway? I guess you took out the plastic insert and made your own card holders?

Correct, I don't use the original insert. I made the card holders out of foam core. The food tokens and original brown cubes are in these bead containers. When I had just base and Flight I organized it as you see in the image below.

In current versions they fixed this, but I added the green plastic cubes to have a different color for population and body size. The plastic containers happen to be the right widths to help keep everything aligned and organized. I do not have the original watering hole in the box anymore. It is too wide to fit now. However, it is not needed as the center climate board is the watering hole.

Above, the first pic is what it looks like when I take the cover off and remove the instructions. The second pic is what it looks like after removing the climate board, start tokens, player sheets, and cliff board. There is nothing under what you see in that pic.

Since I store (and transport) my games vertically the side the cards are on becomes the bottom.

Also note I don't sleeve my cards, so it would be a bit of a feat to fit it all. If I did sleeve I would not have a dedicated base set. I would just take out the cards from the Climate deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for showing us all this, it's awesome!

We play the game often, so I've sleeved my cards, and they're going all over the place in the box. I admit, I hadn't thought of using foam-core! I have a sheet of it here, I'll fix the box up now!

I was wondering, where did you get the green cubes? Why do you need them? Is it just aesthetics?

I would love to fit everything into the box so neatly, I'll have to wrestle a little better with it all!!

Incidentally - if there's anyone in Australia whose looking for a whole range of really well priced little containers and doesn't want to order from Amazon - have a look at Daiso ( http://mydaiso.com.au/index.php/storelocator ). They have a whole wall of little plastic tubs of various sizes and styles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Larysa wrote:
I was wondering, where did you get the green cubes? Why do you need them? Is it just aesthetics?

North Star Games has started adding a mix of 1/2 brown and 1/2 green cubes to the latest versions of Evolution - the idea being to use one color for population and the other for body size. Someone (not me) suggested it on the BGG forums and Dom ran with it.

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
midnight_reaper wrote:
Larysa wrote:

North Star Games has started adding a mix of 1/2 brown and 1/2 green cubes to the latest versions of Evolution - the idea being to use one color for population and the other for body size. Someone (not me) suggested it on the BGG forums and Dom ran with it.

-M_R

I was running into this issue also. With having the same color cubes and some people using the boards vertically and some using horizontally people were constantly mistaking population and body size when trying to attack and defend.
There was a bucket of different colored cubes intended for children education at a local store. I use those as extra cubes for things if needed (like for print and play stuff).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
sirpoonga wrote:
midnight_reaper wrote:
Larysa wrote:

-M_R

I was running into this issue also. With having the same color cubes and some people using the boards vertically and some using horizontally people were constantly mistaking population and body size when trying to attack and defend.
There was a bucket of different colored cubes intended for children education at a local store. I use those as extra cubes for things if needed (like for print and play stuff).

Don't worry, for us colour blind the brown and green cubes are pretty much the same colour anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
sirpoonga wrote:
midnight_reaper wrote:
Larysa wrote:

-M_R

Don't worry, for us colour blind the brown and green cubes are pretty much the same colour anyway

Well, the heart's in the right place, even if the implementation isn't so hot...

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.