Hide
11 Posts

Dominion: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Finding a storage box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
I'm pretty sure that the wooden box advertised online that's supposed to hold all your Dominion cards has been obsoleted by the release of Adventures and Empires.

Does anybody know of a box available (whether branded or not) that really holds every expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexprone wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the wooden box advertised online that's supposed to hold all your Dominion cards has been obsoleted by the release of Adventures and Empires.

Does anybody know of a box available (whether branded or not) that really holds every expansion?

If you don't sleeve, I think the BT / hobby lobby one will still fit everything. Maybe not extra Base Cards? I could be wrong, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moat Man
Canada
Burnaby
flag msg tools
The Broken Token case below fits all the cards unsleeved. I put the tokens, coins, mats, etc., in a different box.

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/dominion-case-and-organizer-se...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I have every Dominion card (except the most recent promo) in two different Hobby Lobby cases. Everything is sleeved with Mayday premium and weight is somewhat distributed to prevent the boxes from breaking. I'm using the Broken Token six row vertical dividers (in hindsight I think the five rows would have worked better, my dividers don't fit).

Very happy with the solution. I do not know of something that will hold them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Falkenberg
Canada
Whitehorse
Yukon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This one works well for me. I purchased it at Canadian Tire which is helpful north of the 49th but I'm sure it must be available somewhere down there. I've also got 6 small token containers and a lazy susan carousel in the box on top of the cards without an issue.

I throw my crokinole board on top of the carousel and use it for the card setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexprone wrote:

Are you referring to the (Hobby Lobby) wooden art box? If so, I have it, and it definitely holds all of the expansions through Empires, and all promo cards*. All tokens, mats and other player bits as well. Cards are also sleeved.

* Note that I do not store the extra set of base cards that come with Intrigue or the randomizers in this box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raile wrote:
Hexprone wrote:

Are you referring to the (Hobby Lobby) wooden art box? If so, I have it, and it definitely holds all of the expansions through Empires, and all promo cards*. All tokens, mats and other player bits as well. Cards are also sleeved.

* Note that I do not store the extra set of base cards that come with Intrigue or the randomizers in this box.

I can now attest that the Hobby Lobby case has exceeded its capacity with the release of the new second edition cards and the Sauna promo (all sleeved).

I've had to move the boards and tokens to another box.

You have defeated me, Vaccarino shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dominion Big Box can hold everything if you replace the plastic insert with simple cardboard or foamboard dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
The Dominion Big Box can hold everything if you replace the plastic insert with simple cardboard or foamboard dividers.

Is that including the 2nd edition cards? All mats and and tokens?

I'm storing most of my cards, plus mats and tokens in the Big Box, with foam core dividers. Empires and the 2nd Editions are all thrown in the Empires, box, though, as I couldn't fit them all in the Big Box any longer.

Do you have cards stored vertically? I have my cards stored horizontally, with each set of Kingdom cards stored in small "jewelry" bags with a label taped along the side so it's visible when stood up horizontally. They're basically bags with built in divider labels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMan2k3 wrote:
ironregime wrote:

Is that including the 2nd edition cards? All mats and and tokens?

I'm storing most of my cards, plus mats and tokens in the Big Box, with foam core dividers. Empires and the 2nd Editions are all thrown in the Empires, box, though, as I couldn't fit them all in the Big Box any longer.

Do you have cards stored vertically? I have my cards stored horizontally, with each set of Kingdom cards stored in small "jewelry" bags with a label taped along the side so it's visible when stood up horizontally. They're basically bags with built in divider labels.

I put all the cards from all the sets through Empires (including all but one promo, but not the new 2nd edition cards), and all tokens and mats, into the Big Box vertically in about 6 rows or so. The cards weren't sleeved but did have dividers. Everything fit nicely. However, the box lid was crushing/resting on the dividers, so I switched to horizontal layout and moved a few things (base cards, tokens and mats) to one of the small boxes (Guilds, I think), at least until I can slide some taller artifical sides inside the Big Box to allow the box lid to rest above the dividers.

Side note: it's heavy as sin. I may need to add wheels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone comparing storage solutions needs to be sure to differentiate between unsleeved, sleeved (mayday regular), and sleeved (mayday premium).

Considering a premium sleeve is over twice as thick as a regular sleeve, any solution that is borderline for regular sleeves is not even going to come close to holding premium sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.