Subject: 2016: Post-Racism - Sure!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the CMA's, all references to Beyonce's performance scrubbed from social media accounts - because????

Yup... racist, country-music fans.

Not all, country music fans. Just the racist peckerwoods.

But, I thought there was no racism problem in this country?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/beyonce-cmas-dixie-chick...

Enjoy the flickering light on your candle that is about to get snuffed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Who is getting snuffed out? Declaring that the CMA's actions were racist is racist. What evidence do you have that it actually was?

Quote:

Sources directly connected with the CMAs tell TMZ, the honchos folded to fans who posted racist and other harsh comments. We're told the honchos were especially concerned about the reaction to Beyonce's support and the support of the Dixie Chicks for the Black Lives Matter movement.

Some of the comments included, "That's right folks. Beyonce performed at the CMAs last night & is on a mission to take country music away from us, hardworking white people!" And, "Beyonce overrated racist nigger bitch."

It's hard to ignore the irony inherent in the tweet "Beyonce overrated racist nigger bitch."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Is TMZ a pretty legit source? We have an official response from CMA.

Quote:
"CMA has not erased any mentions of Beyoncé's performance on the CMA Awards," organizers said in a statement. "In advance of the broadcast, CMA removed a five-second promotional clip from ABC.com and CMA's Facebook page. The promo was unapproved and CMA removed it prior to the broadcast. Beyoncé's performance with Dixie Chicks was a highlight of the evening and we are continuing to share the amazing full-length performance clip via our official social channels." The CMA also included a link to Beyoncé and the outspoken country trio's performance on ABC.com.

Quiet. You'll ruin the mood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I really wish liberals would stop getting their news from click-bait Facebook posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
I really wish liberals would stop getting their news from click-bait Facebook posts.

I really wish Canadians would know what the fuck they were writing about.

Or is that aboooot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
After the CMA's, all references to Beyonce's performance scrubbed from social media accounts - because????

Yup... racist, country-music fans.

Not all, country music fans. Just the racist peckerwoods.

The irony that liberals don't see here is amazing....

I don't watch any of the awards shows...was she any good? I would assume she'd do a country western tune of some kind and maybe she was good...she's pretty talented. If she didn't do a country western tune it was definitely a poor choice.

Now the Dixie Chicks, I would have disbarred from ever attending again. But that's because I take being called a criminal and stuff kinda personal like...your mileage may vary.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, the CMA did a horrible job censoring Beyoncé. It was all over social media yesterday, competing for clicks with stuff about the Cubs.

Really awful job, CMA.

Or maybe there's just a bigoted dunce at the top of this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.