$20.00
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks..

seems like the perfect place to do a statewide announcement.
We've got our ducks in a row and are proud to present ShepparCon.

We've got a guild for proper announcements and stuff here -> ShepparCon
or for tickets and more info you could just go straight to our website - shepparcon.com

It was originally born out of the lack of tickets for BorderCon. We decided to put some legs on the idea of a partner event.

hope some of you can come (BorderCon ticket holders stay out.. haha!)

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with this. As suggested elsewhere when I saw Karl, when planning for the next event, as I know there will be more, think about using all available days in a long weekend to give a more substantive reason for people to travel.

There's possibilities with labour day weekend (March) for Victoria, or Grand Final Weekend (Victoria)/Labour Day weekend NRL states to make it at least three days. Once you wrap up the first one, the future will be clearer than mud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:
Good luck with this. As suggested elsewhere when I saw Karl, when planning for the next event, as I know there will be more, think about using all available days in a long weekend to give a more substantive reason for people to travel.

There's possibilities with labour day weekend (March) for Victoria, or Grand Final Weekend (Victoria)/Labour Day weekend NRL states to make it at least three days. Once you wrap up the first one, the future will be clearer than mud.

We have had lots of discussion around that. Your welcome to start a thread on the guild if you think it's worth getting public comment on.

My thoughts* - winter is best. I did not want to ask people to stay indoors during the "good weather months" which up here is pretty much early September to early April. But there's a lack of winter public holidays (for good reason) and with BorderCon full why not share a time.

The reason we opted for a 2 day event this time?
Do not bite off more than you can chew.
You do not run 42kms in your first training session for a marathon
haha!!

seriously though, thanks for the thoughtful advice.

* these thoughts may not reflect the ShepparCon committee's something or rather blah blah etc etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.