Hide
5 Posts

Onitama» Forums » General

Subject: Japan Version or Arcane Wonder Version? Which one Better? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jun Herng Tan
msg tools
Hi, Despite the artwork, only focus on move cards, Japan Version or Arcane Wonder version, which one is better? And why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the Japanese version because it has more varied move cards. Apparently this is also what breaks this version because there are apparently some card combinations that ensures that the card draw decides the winner. But as this is a very rare instance I still prefer the moves from the japanese version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Khaniyan wrote:
there are apparently some card combinations that ensures that the card draw decides the winner. But as this is a very rare instance I still prefer the moves from the japanese version.

Those instant wins are pure theory. I don't think I've ever had one (after several dozen plays), but if I did I would find it hilarious and just play again.
And yes, I also think that the split-function cards from the original edition are more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reymann
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both many times and I greatly prefer the Arcane Wonders version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moszyński
msg tools
Khaniyan wrote:
I prefer the Japanese version because it has more varied move cards. Apparently this is also what breaks this version because there are apparently some card combinations that ensures that the card draw decides the winner. But as this is a very rare instance I still prefer the moves from the japanese version.

Are these card combinations because of the Turtle card or some other card combination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.