Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Roseberg, Oregon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clement Sobotka
msg tools
Any gaming or gamers out there? (besides Magic or whatever trading card game.) My wife and I are moving out there early 2017. Anyhow if anyone has any ideas- please let us know. ~Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no FLGS-based gaming in Roseburg if store gaming has been your scene. Heroes Haven is a comic store with some board and card game stock but no play space and no interest in organizing anything like that.

We moved to a town about 30 minutes away from R-burg and I've found a couple of game stores that are only 45 minutes away in Grants Pass to the south.

You may want to try the find users function under MISC and use Roseburg. I did that but found either no response or one guy who responded but seems only to want to play with other couples (he and his wife game whereas I'm the only gamer in our house). Since you mentioned being a gaming couple that might fit both of your families' gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a meetup group for the Grants Pass board gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Sobotka
msg tools
Thanks for advice- that's good news!
Once we are out there, and settled a bit we will have to check out Grants Pass.

Moving up from southern New Jersey, and not much to do in this town at all- EXCEPT for a game shop, that is really supported extremely well as there are so few places here socialize. My wife and I have been enjoying game nights and events.

Anyhow we are driving across country 1 month from now, and are looking for a rental- we have 5 cat-sized dogs, so that makes finding a place a bit more challenging.

Again THANKS for your post- I was not finding anything of course, and now I'll stop searching until we are out there in person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! Hilda, the Meet Up organizer for Grants Pass, is part of my regular Game Group that meets once a week at my house. We are, however, trying to get the Meet Up group going about once a month, so please sign up! If you are really jonsing, we could probably set something up for a Saturday with you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chester
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The meetup group moved to Facebook. Look for Board Games on the Rogue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.