Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie (Juju) B.
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: After reaching the courtyard and making an offering to the oblisk by paying crystals, do you still draw 2 cards at the end of your turn? Thanks for your replies.kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. (With the usual option to discard up to two cards and draw two plus number of discards.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie (Juju) B.
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I was wondering because it seems like players have a ton of cards towards the end of the game. So it made me think, "Are we doing something wrong?!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzy22 wrote:
I was wondering because it seems like players have a ton of cards towards the end of the game.

How big you keep your hand is a matter of play style (though my advice is keep it reasonably large - advice most people I teach the game to promptly ignore I find). But cards left in your hand at the end of the game are wasted, so if you do have a ton of cards (and in my last game I had nearly twenty - the Theatre was responsible) it's time to stop cooperating and build whole buildings from scratch, move dragons around wholesale, and use those Flit cards you've been saving.

Mind you, it's possible to be too efficient. I timed one game to burn my very last cards to win. Except I didn't reckon on one of my opponents having enough crystals and two Pillar cards. That wasn't his win, but left me a crystal short and not enough cards and time to get it. Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls