BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: 5, 6-8 player, easy to jump into games for non gamers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all my wife is running a corporate event and she's been tasked with setting up 5-6, 8ish player games during an hour or so activity session. I have suggested cash and guns and telestrations. They need to be easy to teach and not too difficult to play as a non gamer, but also fun. I greatly appreciate any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Zutic
Serbia
Belgrade
New Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
itbrvilla wrote:
Hi all my wife is running a corporate event and she's been tasked with setting up 5-6, 8ish player games during an hour or so activity session. I have suggested cash and guns and telestrations. They need to be easy to teach and not too difficult to play as a non gamer, but also fun. I greatly appreciate any recommendations?

Hi,

Telestrations worked excellently during my last team building (8 of us - all of them non gamers) so no need to look any further than that .

You could also not go wrong with Dixit, even if you do not play full game in 30 minutes, Dixit is always fun.

Boris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend Camel Up. We've used it with new gamers and it plays up to 8. -m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at this list I made with the most popular games listed by their "weight" . The games with support of 6+ players are marked with a d10-6-symbol on top.

If you stay under the 1.7 range, I think you'll be fine: The Complete Games Weight Scale - A Guide to Find Your Sweet Spot in Game Weight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsuro and Sushi Go Party! are fun and easy enough to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant is a great choice for a large-ish group of new or non-gamers. Plays up to 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Codenames
Dixit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rountrey
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Complexity is the only thing that keeps us from predicting every second of our future. hmmm!
badge
“ I am a determinist. As such, I do not believe in free will. " -Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance is great wiyth 6 to 8 and very easy to pick up. Arthurian and a hair deeper is The Resistance: Avalon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.