Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a lot of the same questions keep getting asked in the KS comments, I've put together this thread as an unofficial FAQ. If there's anything missing or any answers could be expanded on do feel free to suggest in the comments and I can update the FAQ.

Q. Will you be doing a crossover between Conan and Mythic Battles: Pantheon?

A. A crossover add-on is now available. See the campaign page for details

Q. I don't like something about one of the minis, can you change it?

A. A lot of work has gone into getting as much of the game ready as possible before the KS so that it can be fulfilled on time, but this does mean it is very difficuly to amend any of the sculpts.

Q. I like the dials more than the dashboards, why did you change them.

A. The dials were more unwieldy to use as they had information on the back. They also did not display how the stats changed as the unit took damage.

Q. Do the stretch goal units come with additional Art of War cards?

A. No. There are 54 Art of War cards in the main box which should be sufficient for even large games.

Q. Do the stretch goal units come with clips?

A. No. Each non-troop unit in the core box, add-ons, and Apollo comes with one clip. The stretch goal units do not. You do not need clips for every unit, as you'll only using a few in each game. The clips can be moved between the dashboards as needed. If you want more clips it is possible to purchase more as an add-on.

Q. Who does Leo's hair?

A. No-one does Leo's hair. It sprang fully-formed from the droplets of Medusa's blood after Perseus decapitated her, and attached itself to Leo's head.

Q. Some of the models look very large, do they fit in the zones on the board?

A. Yes, there is a limit to how many units can be in a zone, and the largest model we've seen, Atlas, is very tall but doesn't have an especially large base.

Q. Will you offer boards in other materials such as mouse mat?

A. Possiby.

Q. Can I pledge for multiple God level pledges?

A. Yes, just raise your pledge level by $99 for each additional one you want. You will receive the stretch goals for each.

Q. I have an early bird pledge, do I pay $89 for each additional pledge?

A. No. The early bird will only count for the first pledge. Each additional one will be $99.

Q. How do I pledge for add-ons?

A. Just use the Manage My Pledge button and add the amount of the add-on to the total. You'll be asked what the money was for during the pledge manager.

Q. Can I pledge less than $99 and get access to the pledge manager?

A. Yes. Just select the 'Make a Pledge Without a Reward' option and pledge the amount you would like. This will let you add God level pledges and add-ons during the pledge manager. You must get a God pledge level either during the campaign or the pledge manager to be able to purchase add-ons. Obviously, the more you pledge during the campaign, the greater the chance of additional stretch goals being unlocked.

Q. What if I only want to purchase the RPG?

A. This is an exception to the rule that you must have a God pledge to buy add-ons. You will be able to purchase the RPG on its own by pledging the correct amount. A specific RPG pledge level may be added during to campaign to make this clearer and easier.

Q. When will the pledge manager be live?

A. This is planned for around January to February.

Q. Can I use PayPal to purchase add-ons during the pledge manager.

A. The pledge manager will use Stripe to process payments, and won't use PayPal.

Q. Conan has shipped very late. What have you done to ensure Mythic Battles: Pantheon will ship on time?

A. Much of the production of the game is already done, which wasn't the case for Conan and which took many months to do after the campaign had finished. The companies are now larger with more staff, and we have purchased a 3D HD printer so as not to be dependent on a third party service, which took three months to print us the Conan minis.

Q. The English language rulebook and cards have translation issues. What are you doing to ensure this will not happen with Mythic Battles: Pantheon?

A. We have begun working on the rulebook much earlier, and the rules are basically done by this point. Jake Thornton, who has many years experience writing and editing rules, will also be working on the final version of the rulebook. Before sending to print, we will make the rulebook available as a beta to ensure nothing is missed.

Q. Will you be translating the game into other languages?

A. We would like to offer the game in languages other than French and English, but can't promise anything. If it happens it will most likely not be during he KS campaign.

Q. Will there be a Kratos or Xena mini?

A. No, these are characters created for a computer game and a TV show respectively and Mythic Battles is sticking to heroes from Greek mythology.

Q. What about the Kraken?

A. No Kraken as that's Norse, but check out the Conan crossover add-on for Ketos

Q. Will you be doing gods from other mythologies?

A. Possibly in the future, but not in this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Dolenc
Slovenia
Škofja Loka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if I can pledge 1$ and choose to increase the pledge to one of the available levels after the pledge manager launches?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ranma wrote:
Does anyone know if I can pledge 1$ and choose to increase the pledge to one of the available levels after the pledge manager launches?

Yes, you can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Dolenc
Slovenia
Škofja Loka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turbocooler wrote:
ranma wrote:

Yes, you can do that.

I guess that is located in the "Make a pledge without a reward" box then? Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Updated with information on the pledge manager and purchasing the RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyne Ethe
msg tools
I am a pledger and a monolith boardgame addict (Conan & Mythic Battle).

But I didn't see in Mythic Battle kickstarter campaign a cross over pack to use Mythic Battle miniatures in Conan : like cards to use in the Conan River, Conan scenario, Card to play some Mythic Battle hero as Conan Team member, ...

May be I miss something.

I notice the Mythic Battle maps are compatible and we should have some skeletons to use in Conan.

I am waiting for your answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a crossover addon announced, will presented probably sometime next week
(content still a mystery )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tynethe wrote:
I am a pledger and a monolith boardgame addict (Conan & Mythic Battle).

But I didn't see in Mythic Battle kickstarter campaign a cross over pack to use Mythic Battle miniatures in Conan : like cards to use in the Conan River, Conan scenario, Card to play some Mythic Battle hero as Conan Team member, ...

May be I miss something.

I notice the Mythic Battle maps are compatible and we should have some skeletons to use in Conan.

I am waiting for your answers

They said they will have a crossover pack available as an add-on later in the campaign. It will allow you to use the stuff from Mythic Battles in Conan but not the other way around as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
The delayed shipping to North American backers is why the Conan crossover hasn't been revealed yet. It is definitely coming sometime before the end of the campaign, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:

Q. Can I use PayPal to purchase add-ons during the pledge manager.

A. The pledge manager will use Stripe to process payments, and won't use PayPal.

I have never used stripe before. Can it accept debit cards from Peru?

I'm in a kind of crossroads. Customs won't allow shipments over $200 without a hefty fee, but i don't know beforehand the shipment cost and if i have enough for an addon without going over $200. At the same time, say for a CMON kickstarter, i just used paypal in the pledge manager with the shipping costs clearly marked.

Is there a possibility for one of these:
-Stripe allows payment from a debit card from Peru? (I haven't used it before so i don't know).
-Allow paypal in the pledge manager.
-If i pledge $199, use $99 for the core, the shipping costs and any addon that can fit. I don't know if the pledged money (before pledge manager, so i can pay with paypal) can be used as shipment payment.
-Pledge $398, have one core box + SG shipped by itself and the other <$199 in addons (or another core) shipped in a different box, then get a refund for whatever i don't spend via paypal.

TLDR: If none of the above options are available, my only option is to bet the shipping cost will be equal to a CMON's recent kickstarter, at around $70. I really want to get the $15-18 KSE expansions, and I don't know how much to pledge beforehand via paypal with little 'waste'. I love you devs, just that money is harder to get in south america.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stripe is just an online payment system for processing card payments. So yes, you can use your card

There won't be PayPal in the pledge manager, though you don't need it

Just as with CMON, you'll be given the shipping cost in the pledge manager depending on how much you're getting. As of yet, we don't know what that will be. Again just as with CMON, you can see what the shipping will be before paying, so can amend what you're getting if needs be before finalising your pledge.

I don't know if split shipments are an option. Presumably if they are you will pay shipping twice, though you will know better than me whether that is more cost effective for you. It might be worth contacting Monolith to ask them if you feel that is the best solution for you to get the add-ons you want.

Likewise, if you're thinking of pledging a set amount now and asking for a refund of the difference if you can't use it all once you know shipping, I think it's worth asking Monolith whether that would be possible.

If you do try and contact Monolith about either of those last two points, be aware that Quirkworthy monitors the comments, but doesn't have Monolith's log-in to check PMs on KS. So if you do PM them, mention it to QW in the comments also to make sure it gets checked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd put "Q. How do I pledge for add-ons?" on top as it's by far the most frequently asked question! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Teowulff wrote:
I'd put "Q. How do I pledge for add-ons?" on top as it's by far the most frequently asked question! ;-)

It's already there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Updated now that Conan crossover has been announced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.