Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Legends Untold» Forums » News

Subject: Inspiring Games Interview with We're not Wizards about Legends Untold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
We're Not Wizards

Delighted to spend time with the guys at We're not Wizards. Content is roughly 1 hour about Legends Untold and err 20 mins of Scottish culture that may perplex some of you. It is a very relaxed conversation and was great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Robson
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
Available from www.spielmaterial.de
badge
Got a light, mate?
mbmbmbmbmb
At last ... a podcast where I could relate to every word

Just wondering whether you'll be coming along to the Glasgow Games Festival (with a demo game?) on 26 November?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well met Brian!

Yes Hugh and I will be there demoing the game so please join us Brian and then you can tell the others what you think.

For those not able to visit us up in Winterfell we will also be demoing at Dragonmeet on the 3rd of December in London.

These events will be during the Kickstarter campaign so to celebrate we are hoping to run a special Scenario at Dragonmeet (maybe also GGF - depends on logistics).

I know we haven't shown you too much yet but of course all the Reviews so far focus on the 4 Heroes from the Caves set.

For Dragonmeet certainly this sneaky peek may cause some intrigue - the very opening of the Kickstarter Campaign.

We are planning something a bit special around that for Dragonmeet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Good interview, like informal interviews were you just have a chat too. Am astounded at the price of the game, I was like what rewind listen again. I also had a question of with the expansions will the box still stay the same size??
I also would like to say to my personal tastes I liked the original art of the box that was shown (but the new one is okay too, just preferred the other
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work and can't listen. What is the price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
A great price for what you get, I still think it is a ball park figure as there is still postage etc so really we just need to wait for the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, we are just trying to incorporate lots of those cool stretch goal ideas then we can formalise reward levels.

Box size for expansions question. It really comes down to demand from you guys.

For example the second starter set alluded to above would be same dimensions.
But have a look at those Location cards on the videos. See those green circle icons. Those represent nature presence in a Location and act as an energy source for the Druid path. We could give you a Druid deck of 55 cards, 110 cards. We just need to figure out what you guys want really.

It's the same with Alchemy, we have a really cool expansion that lets you harvest ingredients, make quick options or difficult ones. You can combine ingredients to make the potion have the effects you want to have if you have the talents.

Again though we need to confirm proof of concept that you guys like these ideas.

Cheers Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
On the box art front that is genuinely interesting to know because of course people have different opinions on art.

This helps because we would need to commission more box art in short order if we fund.

Rest assured Jennifer has just been commissioned to finish off the Dun Mordhain piece which forms the centre shot of the Kickstarter.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Seriously this just gets better - Druid Deck and Alchemy surprise yessssss please let that happen. How I hope this funds and that we get the expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
On the box art I think the first one was more inviting and showed more mystery and intrigue. Also liked the warm colours of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.