Popular Tags: [View All]
Fridge Magnet
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Sod Seafall, grab Rob Daviau's sleeper hit for peanuts

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/toy24qg9gukjcq/toys/games-v-war...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
V-Wars

Just a suggestion, but maybe you can add so many offers to one topic, instead of a topic per game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridge Magnet
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Found em at different times so no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:

Topics and posts have an edit-function. Use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
szchifo wrote:

Personally I like them as separate entries as it stands out more for the specific games. If it is a generic Hey Cheap games at Gameseek. I might miss it because the game titles are buried in the text not the header.

Also I think it's a bit mean to criticise someone for how they want to highlight Hot Deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am subscribed to this forum. If one user starts posting every deal they find on one website, in different topics, I get a lot of "New post" messages in the top of the page.

Also, I didn't write it mean, I said "just a suggestion". If there is a mean comment in these topics, it's Matt's with his "so no". (which, for the record, I don't think is mean, but probably would be the meanest if it was a competition)

I personally find this way of posting deals quite annoying. Also, his argument "found them at different times" is a bit weak, when all deals were found within 15 minutes of the first one.

One can easily make a title like: Some deals at Gameseek. ie Vwars £15, Exodus Proxima Centauri £15 and more

It's also much nicer to have an overview of one website's deals, instead of having to check different topics. But I guess that's personal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you subscribe to the forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
infectedeggs wrote:

subscribe button just under the topic title

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
infectedeggs wrote:

subscribe button just under the topic title

....oh yeah.
Thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
London
Ashford, Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
I am subscribed to this forum. If one user starts posting every deal they find on one website, in different topics, I get a lot of "New post" messages in the top of the page.

Also, I didn't write it mean, I said "just a suggestion". If there is a mean comment in these topics, it's Matt's with his "so no". (which, for the record, I don't think is mean, but probably would be the meanest if it was a competition)

I personally find this way of posting deals quite annoying. Also, his argument "found them at different times" is a bit weak, when all deals were found within 15 minutes of the first one.

One can easily make a title like: Some deals at Gameseek. ie Vwars £15, Exodus Proxima Centauri £15 and more

It's also much nicer to have an overview of one website's deals, instead of having to check different topics. But I guess that's personal.

Hundreds of people are subscribed to the forum for many reasons. I personally don't enjoy having to read through half a dozen pointless criticisms of other peoples posts. But there's no rule against it so I've learned to live with it.

Edit: I do appreciate the BGG links though.

@infectedeggs At the top of the forum page next to the post thread button is the fabled subscribe button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Litany_Eu wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:

Hundreds of people are subscribed to the forum for many reasons. I personally don't enjoy having to read through half a dozen pointless criticisms of other peoples posts. But there's no rule against it so I've learned to live with it.

Edit: I do appreciate the BGG links though.

@infectedeggs At the top of the forum page next to the post thread button is the fabled subscribe button.

Thankyou William. Max already enlightened me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridge Magnet
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
rvervuurt wrote:
szchifo wrote:

Lol...be thankful I post anything at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:
szchifo wrote:

So thankful... Stop feeling so entitled. All I did was give you a suggestion, you don't have to become a prick about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
rvervuurt wrote:

Could be worse, you could be this guy

It makes no difference to me personally whether a deal has it's own page or are grouped together, the most important thing (obviously) is that they are here so I can snag them.

Anyhow thanks for the deal Matt, looks like I missed out on Kraftwagen but am in luck for V-Wars if I decide to take it.*

Oh and I know Gameseek have come in for some stick in the past but I recently had an experience I thought was worth sharing:

Spartacus recently alerted my camelcamel (it came in under my price notification on Amazon, around the £19 mark). The company was buy2send. I flubbed it, and took the reduced offer with them. I then watched the page as the item I had bought sat there still "in stock" for about 4 days. When the estimated delivery date came I still hadn't been notified of dispatch so I contacted them through flubit. At this point their stock disappeared and I found it had been moved to the expansion at the same price. You know the rest..Email, error, apology, etc etc. No game.

A week later the exact same thing happened but this time with Gameseek (in fact my buy2send flubit was still active for a day or two, so I had both flubbed). The delivery date came so I forlornly emailed them expecting the same response. However despite their error Gameseek decided to honour their offer and I received spartacus for the princely sum of £17.48.

*edit: ordered thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridge Magnet
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
rvervuurt wrote:
szchifo wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:
szchifo wrote:

So thankful... Stop feeling so entitled. All I did was give you a suggestion, you don't have to become a prick about it.

What is this guy on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
What is this guy on?

We can ask the same about you.

The remark/suggestion has my support as well

Even though most deals do not have my interest, I rather see those from a seller in 1 post and not as many post as there are games on offer from the same seller.

Do you know what netiquette is? this is one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:
szchifo wrote:
What is this guy on?

Even though most deals do not have my interest, I rather see those from a seller in 1 post and not as many post as there are games on offer from the same seller.

Would you rather he not post them at all if not together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:
[q="szchifo"]

I disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My 2p? I prfer separate posts per game, that way I can simply ignore the posts that don't interest me rather than having to read every one in case thhere is a gem buried therein.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
My 2p? I prfer separate posts per game, that way I can simply ignore the posts that don't interest me rather than having to read every one in case thhere is a gem buried therein.

Me too. It is a personal preference, and the OP was absolutely correct in my opinion to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Hollingsworth
United Kingdom
manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to the OP for posting these bargains. I've been able to look at the games I fancy and ignore the ones I don't. Nitpicking ta someone who has taken there time to do a nice thing is petty to the extreme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridge Magnet
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
anijunk wrote:
szchifo wrote:
What is this guy on?

I post bargains and people save a few quid hopefully.
If you want more details youre gonna have to do some leg work cos I'm too lazy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
I post bargains and people save a few quid hopefully.
If you want more details youre gonna have to do some leg work cos I'm too lazy...

Completely irrelevant. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Hows about this:

Matt continues to post any deals he finds in a manner he's most comfortable with and anyone who is bothered by it uses the block facility?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simon_j_barnes wrote:
Hows about this:

Matt continues to post any deals he finds in a manner he's most comfortable with and anyone who is bothered by it uses the block facility?

I've already used it.

... but not for Matt.

;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.