Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Phone-Hex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just wanted to share this. I was talking to my friend on the phone a few nights ago. On a whim we decided to play X-Wing. We used the heX-Wing variant for obvious reasons.

We tried playing using Vassal, but we wanted the miniatures! Using hexes is the only way to do this because templates over the phone just doesn't work. I know, we tried.

The game was nothing fancy. Just a standard 100 point encounter with no asteroids. We also used our new hex-wing play mats we printed up. They came out very nice and the hex coordinates work great! I played the Rebels he took Empire. The Empire was victorious that night. Pictures coming.

Because it worked so well, there will be more phone-hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had you already tried heXting or is that the next step?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

theashers wrote:
Had you already tried heXting or is that the next step?

I have been playing heX-Wing ever since a friend showed it to me over a year ago. The playing over the phone is new and it worked so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got a PM because I did not mention what play mat I used. I downloaded one from here
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136070
and printed it up.
I downloaded all the files, but only printed one.

I also have a deep space Hotz Mat (http://www.hotzmats.com) but it doesn't have coordinates. The ones above do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.