Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

La Granja: No Siesta» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two-player-game clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks!

I feel the need to clarify something. Seems like many of you guys make that mistake and I can imagine where it comes from.

The 2 Player Variant "The Orignal La Granja" mentioned on page 10 of the rule book is just a variant of the standard game. In all player counts the dice should be rerolled after every die selection round.

The variant is for experienced players and specifically for 2 players only. I do strongly recommend any round of 3 or 4 players to not use the original dice draft from La Granja. The playing time will almost double. The change of the dice draft is a result of many playtests and many playtesters complaining about a too long playtime. No Siesta is a different game and the original dice draft is not suited for this lighter, faster game. Except for a 2 player game. In this case it can be a nice variation and an intensified duel character of the game.

Thanks!

ode.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Venezuela
Caracas
flag msg tools
badge
I like turtles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
Hi folks!

I feel the need to clarify something. Seems like many of you guys make that mistake and I can imagine where it comes from.

The 2 Player Variant "The Orignal La Granja" mentioned on page 10 of the rule book is just a variant of the standard game. In all player counts the dice should be rerolled after every die selection round.

The variant is for experienced players and specifically for 2 players only. I do strongly recommend any round of 3 or 4 players to not use the original dice draft from La Granja. The playing time will almost double. The change of the dice draft is a result of many playtests and many playtesters complaining about a too long playtime. No Siesta is a different game and the original dice draft is not suited for this lighter, faster game. Except for a 2 player game. In this case it can be a nice variation and an intensified duel character of the game.

Thanks!

ode.


Thanks for clarifying that Ode!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bayerbube wrote:
Hi folks!

I feel the need to clarify something. Seems like many of you guys make that mistake and I can imagine where it comes from.

The 2 Player Variant "The Orignal La Granja" mentioned on page 10 of the rule book is just a variant of the standard game. In all player counts the dice should be rerolled after every die selection round.

The variant is for experienced players and specifically for 2 players only. I do strongly recommend any round of 3 or 4 players to not use the original dice draft from La Granja. The playing time will almost double. The change of the dice draft is a result of many playtests and many playtesters complaining about a too long playtime. No Siesta is a different game and the original dice draft is not suited for this lighter, faster game. Except for a 2 player game. In this case it can be a nice variation and an intensified duel character of the game.

Thanks!

ode.


Any thoughts on another variation for 2-players where you roll once then draft 2 dice each, but then re-roll the shared die?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

Any thoughts on another variation for 2-players where you roll once then draft 2 dice each, but then re-roll the shared die?


I playtested many variations of this mechanism and I picked the one I think is best in general. For the style of game and the players.

But you can house rule this like you want. Just have in mind that the game will change in a way it is not intended and the reason for this might be your house ruling.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bayerbube wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

Any thoughts on another variation for 2-players where you roll once then draft 2 dice each, but then re-roll the shared die?


I playtested many variations of this mechanism and I picked the one I think is best in general. For the style of game and the players.

But you can house rule this like you want. Just have in mind that the game will change in a way it is not intended and the reason for this might be your house ruling.


Very diplomatic answer!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

Very diplomatic answer!


Right. But it is also true.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bayerbube wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

Very diplomatic answer!


Right. But it is also true.




Agreed. Anyways, thanks for making a fast little dice game with some bite to it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.