Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David McSorley
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all, I cam across "Scaling Ladders" in Helm's Deep yesterday and it has the text "When Revealed: Attach to the active location. (Counts as a Siege attachment with the text: “Each enemy gets +1 [Threat].”)"

My question is, what exactly does "siege attachment" mean? Does it change the quest to a siege variant while it's in play?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Siege keyword there is just for thematic flavor. Taking a quick scan through the cards for that quest it doesn't seem like anything else references it. It doesn't change the nature of the quest to a Siege quest though. If anything maybe it's there for the Nightmare version. Maybe something there will take advantage of the Siege keyword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think using a pre-existing keyword for "flavor text" is a very poor idea, but since the Siege keyword doesn't appear in the Treason of Saruman rulebook, and since the Siege trait does appear on "The Defense of Helm's Deep" objective, I'd agree that it's just a trait, not a keyword, and its only rule significance is that it's immune to condition-discarding player cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McSorley
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies folks. Normally the cards are fairly easy to decipher, but I think this is a poor example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.