Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is very sparse on this. How exactly are these used?

Thanks,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Hovancova
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi.

At the start of the game, randomly choose the sides of extra action spaces and put them below the action board. This way you will have 2 columns where you can copy actions [either column 1 or column 2 and either 3 or 4].

During your turn, instead of placing Vikings on main action board, you place them on extra board. You need to place correct number of your Vikings [1-4, depending on column]. You are then allowed to take the action your opponent took earlier this round from this same column. You cannot duplicate your own action.

Edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before game start, randomly choose which sides of the two tiles you will use and place them at the bottom of the action board. You will know which one goes where because of the 4 player icon (4 Vikings) to the left of one of the tiles.

The tiles work like this:

if there is a hand in a certain row, you can't imitate or reuse a chosen action. The other space allows you to use already a chosen action that round.

If you look closely, the tiles are not the same on both sides. The hands switches columns so you can combinations of which columns can be copied and which ines can't

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Hovancova
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, maybe you missed this section of rules, it seems quite clear:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That does help some. And I am assuming that the tile with 4 vikings on it means that whoever wants to imitate using that particular tile just always use four vikings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
During your turn, instead of placing Vikings on main action board, you place them on extra board. You need to place correct number of your Vikings [1-4, depending on column]. You are then allowed to take the action your opponent took earlier this round from this same column. You cannot duplicate your own action.

Read this after reading the other response, Thanks. Wish the rules had been more clear on this (because they certainly do not say this), but I think I have it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Quote:

Read this after reading the other response, Thanks. Wish the rules had been more clear on this (because they certainly do not say this), but I think I have it now.

They certainly do. What part of this do you think isn't contained in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helena_poprad wrote:

The English Z-Man rules that I have show the same example on page 20 but with the following text.

Quote:
In this example, the second and third column feature imitation.

This indicates that the hands are the imitated column, not the space, it makes sense that it is the spaces. Since the hands do seem to indicate Stop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
helena_poprad wrote:

The English Z-Man rules that I have show the same example on page 20 but with the following text.

Quote:

This indicates that the hands are the imitated column, not the space, it makes sense that it is the spaces. Since the hands do seem to indicate Stop!

Yeah, this was brought up in another thread that this is a typo in the original rule book. Good to see they've got a corrected pdf out there now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
peltazoid wrote:
helena_poprad wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, this was brought up in another thread that this is a typo in the original rule book. Good to see they've got a corrected pdf out there now.

It's not an error in the original rulebook, it's an error in the latest pdf, So it's NOT corrected. So not good at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
grant5 wrote:
peltazoid wrote:
helena_poprad wrote:

Quote:

It's not an error in the original rulebook, it's an error in the latest pdf, So it's NOT corrected. So not good at all.

I guess it depends where you get your PDF. The one on Z-Man's website (odin_en_rules_v3.pdf) is still the old version. The one available in the files section here on BGG (ODIN_EN_rules-LR.pdf) is updated and corrected.
English Rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:
grant5 wrote:
peltazoid wrote:
helena_poprad wrote:

Quote:

I guess it depends where you get your PDF. The one on Z-Man's website (odin_en_rules_v3.pdf) is still the old version. The one available in the files section here on BGG (ODIN_EN_rules-LR.pdf) is updated and corrected.
English Rulebook

Ok, I thought the Z-Man link was to the latest ones, my bad.

Perhaps they should update them on their page as the link to those rules are the first thing you see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.