Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Ferengi can trade 5 production for 1 culture. And as for everyone 5 culture (25 production worth) makes 1 for Ascendancy. Since you need 5 Ascendancy to win Does 125 production (100 production if already starting with 1 Ascendancy token) make an instant win for Ferengi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YUP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen the rules for the ferengi yet, but I believe that the base game rules only allow for gaining 1 Ascendancy per turn. You can't just drop a handful of culture down and go from 1 ascendancy to 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Cutter
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ihwarrior wrote:
I haven't seen the rules for the ferengi yet, but I believe that the base game rules only allow for gaining 1 Ascendancy per turn. You can't just drop a handful of culture down and go from 1 ascendancy to 5.

Where is this rule? I am not seeing it in the rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cutter9999 wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:

...I believed wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenvious
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ihwarrior wrote:
cutter9999 wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:

...I believed wrong.

Yup. Its why many of my group think it somewhat a waste to go ascendency 4. The only benefit it gives you is a bonus for Hegemony (attack and def). Thus many of us rush to Ascendency 3, then stockpile our Culture to 10 tokens and explode to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cutter9999 wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:

Might be a good variant if Ferengi (or any other race) gets too strong at culture blitzing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you would probably need fewer than 100 production. you still have a culture node on your homeworld and may gain culture nodes through conquest, you just cant build any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.