Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lots of people are getting them so I'm curious if anyone has tried any of them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCallum
United States
Blythe
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
foofire wrote:
Outstanding!

Why? Care to elaborate for those of us that haven't received?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copies just arrived last night (Toronto, Canada).

I think it is a bit early to expect much in the way of gameplay yet, however...

The quality is fantastic! The models look great the boards and cards are top drawer. I unpacked it and checked to make sure everything was in order, then started to read the rule and scenario books. Looking forward to getting these scenarios to the game table (although I will have to get a party of heroes to Journeyman level first ).

Now that the two Journeyman boxes are shipping out, hopefully we will be hearing about the rest of the items from the KS project. As a new player I am looking forward to receiving the Undead models and all the other modules and miniatures. Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I strongly suggest if you want to begin another party the custom module no rest for the weary made, it is in the BGG and it is good.
Then do Rise of the Revenant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To bad I don't have my undead minis yet. I would have to proxy yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
To bad I don't have my undead minis yet. I would have to proxy yuk

The skeleton minions actually don't play that big a role in Rise of the Revenant. Mostly in that module you're using rats as proxies for undead rats, skeleton captains as proxies for stationary bad guys trying to perform a summoning ritual, Yardu as proxy for the big bad undead boss, and occasionally the skelly minions show up as themselves. But you could say the setting is in an Egyptian tomb and use the expansion baddies for much the same effect. Undead chihuahuas and anubises trying to raise their dead lord, and the crocodiles as minions of Set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulski
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received my copy of Blackwall Warrens and Shores of Kanis last night and checked everything out / quickly flipped through the rulebook/module book.
Early thoughts:

PROS:
-High quality box / box insert
-Same wonderfully high quality miniatures
-New tile combos like the 10x20 let's adventuring groups face off against bosses and there are tile combos to engage agents, mini-bosses or world boss

CONS:
-Myth Journyman cards are not of the same quality as Myth V1 or V2, much thinner and flimsy, I will have to get deck protectors for all cards(I mention this details because I didn't sleeve the item cards due to being handled less)
-tokens have a glossy feel (I bring this up because in the treasure bag I'll be able to feel the difference between gold/ orange and blue/ green / white)
-The first act of each Journeyman Module are the same. Also the back cover of the module book is the same (maybe a misprint)

Those are just some quick notes but I'm super excited to jump in with my apprentice soon to be an elementalist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
NSW
flag msg tools
Is there really that much of a difference between the treasure bag tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For the common act 1, i was really hoping they would make an udate to explain why they did it. I had a very interesting conversation about that with Kenny. We will see if they do this update or not.

The act 1 is really shorter than the other standard acts and act 2/3 of these modules are longer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulski
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do think there is a fair bit difference between them. The new tokens have a glossy and smooth texture where the old tokens have a matted and rough texture. I personally hate the inconsistency in texture but I'll have to actually play with them to see if there is a noticeable difference when doing a quick pull from the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
The modules seems a lot more skimpy than I expected... Also the tiles were not packed well at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
For the common act 1, i was really hoping they would make an udate to explain why they did it. I had a very interesting conversation about that with Kenny. We will see if they do this update or not.

The act 1 is really shorter than the other standard acts and act 2/3 of these modules are longer

They should address it. It is highly disappointing. Especially considering the rest of the modules are months out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After cracking open both boxes I am very excited for this coming gaming weekend. I am very impressed on several fronts.

First, the tiles are really sharp and colourful. I am super excited for the new legends and concepts that they introduced to change up the usual tile options. I like the new concepts of travel to islands and trucking around in sewers lost and soggy.

Next, I liked the revision for the agents use in gameplay. This should work well, however with the journeyman cards providing competition for the agent cards, I wonder how many people are keeping agent cards in their decks. If no player has an agent card, that would mean there is zero chance of them appearing. We may want to tweak the rules. I still like inserting the fan-made darkness card into the deck which brings an agent into play. The only problem was the darkness app does not have this card programmed. With more agent card choices, then perhaps we will see more agents appearing.

The models look awesome. Nuff said.

Even though I have been following the development and leveling of the heroes, I am really jacked up about playing my apprentice and cannot decide if I should go light or dark. I thought I made my choice after opening Shores of Kanis. Then, I opened Warrens and I was conflicted all over again. I think order is going to win out over chaos in the end, but kudos to Megacon for the cool ideas.

I am going to have to trim my treasure decks. Also, correct me if I am mistaken, but is there a gold deck now separate from the green and blue? If that is true, all of our gold sets we made here at BGG will need to be moved into a separate deck. With the new items, I think I am going to hand pick from the items we made. I think I will choose to keep one item from each of the categories.

Fighting snappers is going to be tough, if they roll rage we are going prone - try not to get surrounded.

Ressurect is a Mendicant card? That is great news, so just keep the healer alive (just like a classic dodgeball game).

That is all I have for now, until I have played the module this weekend. Again, really excited here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think the new Agent rules are neat. I like the idea that once you have one of their cards in your deck they actively pursue you to "get it back". Making a long term enemy will make for some interesting challenges.

Of course, being a new player, I will have to wait for the rest of my KS stuff to arrive before I can experience this. No Agents in my collection yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email informing them I was missing two copies of each game but have not hear back. Has anyone sent them an email regarding a similar situation and gotten a response?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I unpacked mine last night:

*Super impressed with the box quality and the cardboard materials
*LOVE* the new tiles art. Love the themes and look forward to a lot of new tiles in the future
*The module is 'good'ish. It is very much a railroad, but I suspect that is what people want. It goes like this:
- Read fluff intro to set stage
- Deploy tile as instructed, oooooooh scary!
- Beat tile
- Read success fluff
- Go to next tile
Most failures end the game, and some secondary objectives give a 'bad ending' later if you didn't 100% clear rate. From a narrative POV and a giving people a play experience which isn't random and meaningless, I think people will like it.
*Happy with the Minis quality. I got Banner Saga and not thrilled with those in sculpt and quality and was worried about a dip in quality. Also MERCS myth stuff quality issues. VERY happy with these.

Overall, I am excited to put this to the tabletop.

The only 'issue' is this whole title/deck manipulation/treasurebag thing is still kinda wonky. The progression to journeyman is 2 titles and 3 deck manipulations, so you can arbitrarily start there and hop right in. Also the module resets white/green tokens, so I think it will all work out, I wish it was a little more nailed-down. Maybe I am overthinking it.

Looking forward to all the modules. Happy so far with what I got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
nkelsch wrote:

*Happy with the Minis quality. I got Banner Saga and not thrilled with those in sculpt and quality and was worried about a dip in quality. Also MERCS myth stuff quality issues. VERY happy with these.

Just curious what you don't you like about the Banner Saga minis? I think they look great. When they arrived, it made me feel a lot better that they've moved on from the issues with Recon. I just got my Journeyman stuff today so I've only had a second to look at the minis, but at first glance I might rank the Banner Sage ones ahead of the Myth ones in terms of quality.

I think you can get the Banner Saga minis on they're homepage for around $20 plus shipping. That's a pretty amazing deal. You'll get a bunch of Dredge that is an official playable race in Myth plus some nice looking human pieces that will work nice for miscellaneous use. I'm sure plenty of people could find uses for the Varl too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abercrab wrote:
nkelsch wrote:

Just curious what you don't you like about the Banner Saga minis? I think they look great. When they arrived, it made me feel a lot better that they've moved on from the issues with Recon. I just got my Journeyman stuff today so I've only had a second to look at the minis, but at first glance I might rank the Banner Sage ones ahead of the Myth ones in terms of quality.

I think you can get the Banner Saga minis on they're homepage for around $20 plus shipping. That's a pretty amazing deal. You'll get a bunch of Dredge that is an official playable race in Myth plus some nice looking human pieces that will work nice for miscellaneous use. I'm sure plenty of people could find uses for the Varl too.

They are not as bad as the MERCS minis were... From a material aspect, they are on par with the new myth and the previous myth.

The style of the sculpting and some of the poses I don't think worked perfectly for the material and was too thin and faces too small. MYTH is a little more cartoony and bulky so it has seemingly better use of the material.

I think the dredges are a great pick-up. I wished they were full-blown 20/4/1/1 not minion/agent for now, but I am sure there can be fan modifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schmidt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MCG has said there should be a SG in Dark Frontier for the Dredge Myth module. Using the Stonesinger as the commander and the Bellower masivature as the boss. Dredge should be a race in Dark Frontier as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.