Subject: Custom location? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Zeliec
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

I have both DOW and TLN games, I prefer playing it with combined characters and crisis cards as well as crossroad cards but excluding any modules.

Recently I increased the location sizes for up to 25 items and placing 5 cards from DOW to the respective location, (mostly adding 1 card of every type to keep the balance).

I mixed some of the items in the police station (keeping only 1 grenade launcher and 1 assault rifle, exchanging it for shotgun and sniper), a well as library books (removed God's idk what it was that gives you +2 to all dies... OP stuff and removed the add improvements manual)

I'm currently trying to figure out how to create a new location that isn't game breaking but okay to have.

My idea is to use the Police station from DOW and "rename it" to a Junkyard.

My idea for the Junkyard is to get around 10 junk from the first game, mainly junk items that let you re-roll but few other neat items (2-3) - megaphone etc.

The Junkyard will be made from those junk items [Mainly starter DOW] + 10 completely random items from the DOW game, shuffle all decks, draw 10 and remove them from the game.

You can move a survivor from the Colony to the Junkyard, you can to roll for exposure twice or pay 2 fuel, you can mix it, but you also remove 5 Waste, which you shuffle into the junkyard if the survivor doesn't get killed, no action die is required for this. If the survivor dies on his way there, the waste is removed from the game (lost somewhere on the road). It pretty much allows you to recycle stuff.

Additional rules for the Junkyard is that there is always at least 2 noise that you can't remove with special abilities or items.

I'm also wondering if the Junkyard is overrun by the constant noise tokens placed there, should the zombies just be added to a nearby location instead giving it some extra difficulty (near location - roll 1-6 die per zombie).

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions, I believe I'll have the chance to play a game myself in the upcoming weekends and I'll also post in the results.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dejan savi
Indonesia
Indiana
flag msg tools
its a good idea for combining between the original and LN edition , but ihave some question , if the main objective raiding party which is we should deplate the selection location , is it okay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Zeliec
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well I believe that's the only objective that would be affected, so I would just exclude it from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.