Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Rules:

- Roll dice at start at start of the dice phase

- Each player drafts 2 dice each in turn order following normal "2 Player Variant: “Th e Original La Granja”" rules.

- Once the only die left is the shared die, it is re-rolled. Whatever value is displayed after re-roll is the resource that is shared between both players.

Reasoning:

One of the things I don't like is how when the 2nd round of drafting happens it's almost too deterministic in a way. Often times you'll be like "Well I need that grape, but there are 2 of them so I'll just leave them because I know I'll get to share 1 later anyways", which is kind of boring .

A variant rule that allows the last die to be re-rolled will make that 2nd die choice more interesting because you are passing up on something and aren't sure what will take it's place after.

This allows to keep some level of tactical strategic play, but spices things up with a level of chance at the end to keep tensions high. I think it would add more "Yes!" moments, and less "Well, I guess I'll take this" moments ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.