Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mech+Bomb+Mech acrobatics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Heiser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey guys. Say, I'm sure this may have been covered in a previous thread, but I couldn't find anything-so apologies. During mission one, I had a scenario where my mech was adjacent to the bomb, which was being towed by another players mech. So in a straight line, it was Me-Bomb-Towing Player.
I drew a damage card that forced me to move in the direction of the bomb and other mech. My question is, do I push them? If I do, how far?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do push them, 1 space for each movement point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heiser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
ExplodingSnail wrote:
You do push them, 1 space for each movement point.

Thanks boss, that's how we played it, glad to know we made the right decision. It was advantageous for us, as the push brought the bomb to it's objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Going to revive this for more towing based shenanigans.

Can you tow a mech towing the *cough* energy source with a move3 (one extra move for the bomb and one extra move for the mech?), or would an attempt to tow a towing mech simply end in the bomb staying put.

If you're towing the bomb while pushing a mech, it would require a move card devisable by two, right?

Do you have to end your move to tow the bomb, ie.: If I have a move three, could I use it to walk next to the bomb (first step), and then continue one more step while towing it? (My gut says no, but my head wants to make sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're making this more complicated than necessary.

You can use one movement point to move a space, pushing anything in your way.

You can use two movement points to tow a piece, pushing anything in your way.

The mech you're towing doesn't get any movement points. It can't tow anything itself. And, since it moves into the space you left, it can't push anything either.

If you have Move 3, you can use the first two points to tow one space, and the third point to move one space. Or the first point to move one space, and the last two points to tow one space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, although I'm still unclear on this one:

DaviddesJ wrote:
...The mech you're towing doesn't get any movement points. It can't tow anything itself. And, since it moves into the space you left, it can't push anything either...

The example that came up in play: I was towing the bomb, while the wife was in front of me. She then brought up the question what happens if she tows me: Will it bring along the bomb or will the bomb stay put?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such status as "towing the bomb". If you're next to the bomb and you expend 2 movement points, you can tow it. But the act of towing only lasts for that one move. At any other time, whether you previously towed the bomb, or plan to tow the bomb in the future, is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes sense.
It's easier to see it from a strict rule mechanics viewpoint. Damn all that roleplaying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.