$20.00
$60.00
Mikael Fox
Denmark
flag msg tools
All the beaver cards starts with the words "Next time you X..."

Some at my table have argued that if you did trigger X but did not use the second part of the card, the card would remain in play.

Example:
I have played "Master Builder"(AKA Beaver 1), which states: "Next time you purchase a card, you may place 1 card in the purchase on the top of your deck", which now remains in play waiting for my purchase.

I then use 2 junk to buy "Snack" but do not choose to put one of the junk cards on the top of my deck.

The players argued that since the card was not fully resolved it would remain in play until another purchase trigger the full effect.

I myself have ruled against this as I see the cards working as follows:
Trigger(Whatever X is) -> Choice(Taking the effect or not) -> Discard(No matter the choice), but I would like some official ruling backing me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You have ruled it the right way. It's explained in the rules card that comes with the beavers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the beavers feel complicated to play, you can train your intelligence with the beaver puzzle card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Fox
Denmark
flag msg tools
Liuhuparta wrote:
You have ruled it the right way. It's explained in the rules card that comes with the beavers.

Super, thank you very much for you answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.