Subject: Questions about movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dávid Tóth
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all!

I decided to use vassal to follow the game documented in Vol 26, issue 3 of the General in order to clarify some confusing rules. Now I only have more questions:
In 8.5.2, it states that vehicles using road movement ignore other terrain in the hex. However, in 8.5.3, it says that units using road movement still expend the +1 MF to enter bridge or building hexes.
In the replay (commented by none other than Jim Day), they seem to disregard 8.5.3, as if the buildings weren't there. A BRDM-2 moves from 1CC4 to 1Y10 along a road in a single turn, that is 4 clear/road, 5 building/road, and a bridge hex entered! If it adhered to 8.5.3, it wouldn't have got half that far.

So what is the deal with buildings and roads?

In this same replay, a Marder 3 moves from 2GG4 to 2AA8. How? No matter how I try, it would only get as far as BB7.

I have another rule which confused me: 8.4.4: A unit may always enter at least one one new hex during its movement, if it has MOVE or OVERRUN orders and does not expend any movement factors for turns, even if the cost of entering the new hex exceeds the unit's movement factors.
How does this work exactly?
For example, I have a T-64B, MF:5. I move forward 5 clear hexes. Assume I gave it a MOVE order, can I move one more hex forward?
Or does it work like this: I have the same T-64B, but the ground is muddy, so it has an MF:3. I want to go up a woody hill directly at the front and adjacent to me. It would cost 4 MF. According to this rule, I could enter it provided I gave it a MOVE or O.R. order, even though I couldn't afford to, and finish my move there.

Sorry for the long post, but this has been nagging me for quite some time now. If someone could provide answers, that would be fantastic!

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have not seen a response from Jim Day in a few days, I suggest you send him a PM. I don't know how closely he monitors this game's page, but he is very prompt on the BGG forum covering GMT's Panzer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.