BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: The Others, Conan, or Zombiecide Black Plague? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hollos
msg tools
mb
Howdy,
So I backed all three of these Kickstarters. Both Conan and Zombiecide:BP have shown up, and The Others: 7 Sins is on its way. I also got a lot of the optional extra stuff with these games.
However, the amount of stuff included is just huge, and I don't have space to keep all three.
I've decided to keep only one of these games and sell the other two.
My question is, which one to keep? (I haven't played any of them yet, and am reluctant to un-wrap them if I'm just going to sell them.)
Thanks,
MS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Keep Zombicide BP. One vs. many games are probably harder to get to the table than a fully cooperative game (depending on the group). Also, Conan isn't very good. The Others is okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dump Conan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I havn't play The Others, yet.

Zombicide: Black Plague is a lot of fun. Full coop. Light, dice-chucking, zombie-horde-splashing fun. Six players, though, even if you have less, you have to control six characters (or use some house rule variants).

Conan is quite a bit deeper. One vs. Many. It's a great game with interesting mechanics and meaningful decisions. The "Overlord" has an interesting role and is not just moving the baddies around, rolling for them, but has to act tactical and with thought. The scenarios, as they are, are balanced and tight. Right now, there are a lot of expansions, which are not very useful, since there are no scenarios for them out, yet (but they will come sooner or later). Changing the scenario setup (i.e. using different heroes) is not as easy as it sounds.

Finally, The Others. One vs. Many. Lots of variety with all the different heroes and sins and scenarios, which can be freely mixed and matched. How well that works, I cannot say, but reports say it is fun. Not quite as light as Zombicide, and not quite as tactical as Conan, it is somewhere in the middle. This is probably the weakest of the three.

I would say, it comes down to Zombicide vs. Conan, depending on whether you think coop vs. 1vsX is better, and whether a lighter game is more favorable, or a more involved one. And finally, of course, which theme appeals to you better. Also, with Conan there is still a bit of a risk, as we havn't seen all the stuff coming out next year, yet. But they do look and sound promising.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Keep Zombicide BP. One vs. many games are probably harder to get to the table than a fully cooperative game (depending on the group). Also, Conan isn't very good. The Others is okay.

Agreed. Plus, Zombicide can be played solo if it's just you.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Others for sure.

I have Black Plague and The Others, I don't know a thing about Conan but if I could only keep one, 100% going with The Others. Black Plague is good and I'm happy I have it though. But, I guess it depends who you plan to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.