United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A while ago I listed Race for the Galaxy on a No Brainer Theme Pastes Geeklist.

I would like to hear what IP RTFG fans would prefer to see slapped on the cards (regardless of how likely acquiring a license would be).

I think Star Trek would be the most natural, but perhaps a western theme (race for the frontier/gold rush) would work as well. Star Wars obviously... A lesser known space exploration game with decent lore is Star Control 2.

After a few suggestions, I'll put up a poll!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are at least two fan re-themes - a Dr Who and organic farming.

I like the theme of Race, I'm sure there are other themes that would work but I'd have no interest in buying a straight re-theme (but that would apply to any game I own). A re-theme with different cards or some new mechanics might be interesting (though I'd prefer a new expansion for Race and that seems vastly more likely).

Race doesn't seem like a game that would be that easy to re-theme, many of the cards powers are obviously tied to the theme and I know the theme was a big part of the design process (so even if the theme seems pasted on to you it wasn't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.