• [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6 Threats are : rain, night, snow, shell, gas mask and whisle.

So it is option #1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
When a hard knock card refers to '2 identical threats'…

Which hard knock card would that be? Or do you refer to the mission card "Horseshoe"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:

Which hard knock card would that be? Or do you refer to the mission card "Horseshoe"?

Fearful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
PunTheHun wrote:

Fearful.

Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afafard wrote:
6 Threats are : rain, night, snow, shell, gas mask and whisle.

So it is option #1.

That's what I assumed too. But use of the word identical made it unclear to me. Two bullets could be considered as the same threat, but a bullet at night and a bullet in the rain could be considered as not identical threats. As I said, it was use of the word identical that made it unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
PunTheHun wrote:

Fearful.

Ah, I see, thanks. It's definitily identical threats (i. e. one of the 6 possible), shown on any threat/phobia/trauma card in play. As soon as one threat is active more than once, he has to retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

philmcd wrote:
Two bullets could be considered as the same threat, but a bullet at night and a bullet in the rain could be considered as not identical threats.

Keep in mind that there are six separate threats. While combining them provides good narrative for in-game story telling, a bullet in the rain is (still) only a bullet, and also a rain - two threats - not one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

philmcd wrote:
Two bullets could be considered as the same threat, but a bullet at night and a bullet in the rain could be considered as not identical threats.

Keep in mind that there are six separate threats. While combining them provides good narrative for in-game story telling, a bullet in the rain is (still) only a bullet, and also a rain - two threats - not one.

Yeah, I'm happy with it that way, I just wanted clarification because identical is such a precise choice of wording. It's not like you could mistake a whistle for a bullet. If it had just said two of the same threat all would have been much clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

philmcd wrote:
If it had just said two of the same threat all would have been much clearer.

Ah, clarity in rules. Considering the current popular demand for brevity in our rulebooks, clarity is the Holy Grail, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

philmcd wrote:
If it had just said two of the same threat all would have been much clearer.

Ah, clarity in rules. Considering the current popular demand for brevity in our rulebooks, clarity is the Holy Grail, isn't it?

Bullseye.

It's getting worse since the advent of kickstarter. If all rules were proofread by a native language speaker (as their first language) for translated rules and by someone who knew nothing about the game to check for clarity, gaps and assumptions, most FAQ's would become unnecessary.

Solely proofreading your own rules is pointless as it is only likely to identify typos and misprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.