Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenton White
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the kickstarter page, there are 776 pledges for faction of conflict style boxes. I'm also in that camp, having a conflict box pledge ATM. I also know at some point when the pledge manager goes live I'll have to chose. So...

If you are a conflict or faction box pledge, which factions are you planning to get and why?

I'll start off. I'm planning to get the Chapter and Demon factions to start. These seem to be the most developed right now, with much of the released fiction revolving around Chapter and the play through videos featuring Chapter vs Demon skirmishes. It's not that I'm in love with the minis or fluff around these factions, I just think they may be more playtested and balanced than the other factions.

Still up in the air on the third faction for the conflict pledge.

What do others planning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arneth Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm gonna give a countdown from least to most interesting for me

#6 Dvergar: Sad to say, but I don't care about them at all at the moment. Zero. Nada.
#5 Rha-Zack: I think they could look really cool (if the squiggly parts are actually lightening), but I recently played a faction in another game that also heavily focuses on synergy and future stuff...meh.
#4 Demons: They seem cool, and they have a good theme going with one really powerful Demon and his lackeys.
#3 Chapter: Seem cool, and like a good starter faction because of healing, but also, similiar to something I played in the past and they look annoying to play against.
#1 and #2 are tied with Faceless and Reborn. The Faceless look great, and the tyranide-like mindset appeals to me. The reborn, poison, spell oriented and terrain control seem like the most fun.

But honestly, I'm thinking about getting the conflict chapter&demons and the extra box will be faceless or reborn, simply because I don't have a lot of people to play with, and demons and chapter seem the most straight forward playstyle that can be picked up the easiest. Maybe talk the GF into getting the remaining conflict+faction box whistle which will also give us more stuff to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
All of them because I'm an OCD completionist.

In all seriousness though, if I had to pick one I absolutely have to have the reborn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I m going to pick Faceless vs Reborn and Chapters for the other free faction based on the minis. I want to paint them and i think those 3 factions are the best looking. First, i was thinking on going with the chapters vs demons and reborn for the free faction, but after i saw the elite squad for the faceless, i decided to chose faceless instead of the demons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
All of them because I'm an OCD completionist.

In all seriousness though, if I had to pick one I absolutely have to have the reborn.

I feel your pain man. I'm stuck in the same boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the conflict box pledge. I don't know that'd I'd upgrade to all 6. But, this is my order of preference for what I'd buy.

#1 Reborn - Oracle and Venom Cavalry are two of my favorite sculpts. I like the bison cavalry so much, I wish the faction came with two. The werewolves aren't bad, but I'm less of a fan of the dryads and the ancients look dumb. But, a poison and spell oriented sounds fun.

#2 Chapter - As mentioned, seems like a good starter faction. Plus those purge doctors look pretty great.

#3 Demons - They have some fun sculpts. Seems like another good starter faction.

#4 Rha-Zack - Least interesting big model, but in general I like the rest.

#5 Faceless - They look like Hellraiser Cenobites and that just seems boring to me. I think the game style sounds interesting, but the models do nothing for me.

#6 Dvergar - The sculpts remind me of the goblin army at the end of Labrynth. I can't help but imagine them losing to a bunch of rocks.

Also, they remind me of this guy from Legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only ever pledge a Kickstarter game if my wife likes the look of it. Lucky for me she seemed quite interested in this game. So we checked out all the factions and chose two each. Her two favourites were Reborn and Chapter. Mine wer Faceless and Dvergar. So we will be getting the Faceless v Reborn and will argue over the last faction.

I like the idea behind the Dvergar but not some of the minis. A defensive play style with berserk just sits well with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Boothby
msg tools
I had to go with all of them. I didn't want to miss any of the factions. They all look so good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to choose between 3 factions.
Which ones seems to be most suited for solo playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.