Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: determination token timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
서 보국
South Korea
flag msg tools
is it possible to use determination token that gather from event card for later character ability in same round?

or use determination token from building character specialized item(carpenter-snare)to character ability for same round action?

sorry for my bad english.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ag4423677 wrote:
is it possible to use determination token that gather from event card for later character ability in same round?

or use determination token from building character specialized item(carpenter-snare)to character ability for same round action?

sorry for my bad english.

Yes, just not for the action you got them from.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But you could even use them to reroll the wound or adventure die of the same roll, if you got them from failing an action. Just not the success die, which is kind of obvious, because otherwise you could loop roll until a success.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is important to remember, though, that you cannot plan an action in the planning phase that you can't pay for yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Susumu wrote:
But you could even use them to reroll the wound or adventure die of the same roll, if you got them from failing an action. Just not the success die, which is kind of obvious, because otherwise you could loop roll until a success.

You can only use a character ability once per round. So even if you were allowed to use the tokens to reroll the success die, it would only work once.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
True, regardless it's not allowed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb

To retain some semblance of sanity, I've decided that the wisest choice when attempting to play a game with rules as convoluted as RC is to simply throw out all published rules and play however you like.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about this↓
lucky henry wrote:
...throw out all published rules...


But I wholeheartedly agree with this↓
lucky henry wrote:
...play however you like...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
I don't know about this↓
lucky henry wrote:
...throw out all published rules...


But I wholeheartedly agree with this↓
lucky henry wrote:
...play however you like...



OK....maybe not ALL....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.